Chapter 23

- Isabella's POV -

I was awakened by the sounds of birds chirping and the blinding light coming from the sun seeping through the long dark drapes hung in front of the tall windows in my room. A tight squeeze wrapping around my head from an hangover that surprisingly didn't leave me feeling nauseous from the amount of alcohol I consumed the night prior.

I looked down only to see myself laying on the ground right against the double doors to my room leading the memory of everything that happened just a few hours ago to flood my mind. I don't remember every detail but I knew the lies I was told and the amount of anger and sadness I let out once confronting Lorenzo about his past lover.

I sat up from my laying position rubbing my puffy eyes from all the crying. The familiar heartbreak came back hitting only harder which shocked me since you would've thought being drunk would only make you more emotional at this state but I was wrong. My heart sunk causing a massive weight in my belly.

The repeating words of Lorenzo began replaying in my head as I just sat there. The way he begged to work things out but what was there to work out? What was it that he can fix when I knew the truth? I finally found out the reason why this girl was rarely mentioned but thinking back to the times Sergio would mention her when Lorenzo wasn't around it was obvious he was dropping hints and every fucking time I paid little to no mind because one; it's Sergio and that's literally will be enough of an explanation, two; Lorenzo never gave me a reason not to believe what he felt for me. But my feelings overflowed the obvious which now only made me feel stupid, crazy even.

The sound of my phone ringing brought me out of my thoughts startling me just a bit. I grabbed the small device, typing in my password before seeing another notification pop up on the screen coming from Violet. Realization washed over me, remembering how today I was supposed to finally end my assignments for once and for all.

I read her text which only contained a bunch of question marks and repeating texts of 'Where are you?'. I honestly was an absolute wreck that going to visit her and the boss I'm working for right now would be extremely unprofessional. I didn't want to put a mask on and act like I was fine when in reality all I wanted to do was break down into tears until I had none left. I wanted to let out the fiery rage I still had in me.

I'm human, I make extremely stupid decisions and I deal with the consequences as every other person does. I'm strong regardless and I'm sure others would agree based on the person I am while working and outside but that didn't mean I felt nothing. I understand the crazy amount of emotions a person could feel and as much as I wanted to end it faster I need time to get my shit together, I needed to become the person I was before all of this.

The sound of the tapping coming from my phone's keyboard filled my ears as I typed in a believable lie. I kept it short and simple informing her that l'll won't make it over since I was on a lead to something meaning I'll need more time before sharing any information. This didn't mean I had the luxury of having a week or two off to just get myself together but a couple of days, three being the most.

I got up from my sitting position, stretching out my burning sore legs walking myself to my connected bathroom. I shut the door behind me and leaned in, staring at myself through the huge mirror above the counter. My eyes looked like two pink buttholes and the black mascara I wore was smeared mixed with my dried-up tears looking like complete shit. The ponytail I tried so hard on doing yesterday was now loose, the hair ties hanging on for dear life at the ends of my hair and my light baby pink colored dress was out of place.