Chapter 31

- Lorenzo's POV -

"Well there goes for your shitty plan! Honestly, Lorenzo, you knew her fucking psychotic ass was going to shoot at us!" Mauricio shouts trying to play out the pain he's going through.

I'm aware of Isabella and her quick problem solving resolving in death. That's exactly why I chose them as my test dummies. Was it the best way to kidnap her? No, but it was the easiest.

"It's not shitty if the two of them are here and your still alive," I roll my eyes, pointing towards Isabella and Valerie. "Stop being a pussy, your acting like Sergio."

My brother who sits beside him raises his head looking clueless. They both have already gotten the bullets out of their shoulders and the nurse on board just finished wrapping up their wounds.

"Anyways, I never told you to get all touchy with your crush, so I'm glad she shot your ass, or else it would've been me doing it."

I told the bastard to wait until they went to sleep. It would've been less trouble dosing them and would've been easier to bring them onto the plane. Mauricio was just too excited to see this girl in real life that he couldn't have just listened.

"Isabella! Oh my fucking god! Am I in hell?!" Valerie's horror yelling fills the aircraft we're in.

In less than twenty-four hours I learned just how obnoxiously loud she can be. She never looked like the quiet type either so I regret the number of drugs I used to dose her. I should've done more.

I look at the struggling redhead, pulling her tied hands apart, her head shimming to take off the blindfold. She can't and she won't.

I look over at Mauricio who's gone quiet, "Isabella should be up in-"

Her sweet voice interrupts angrily, "Ahora mismo pedazo de mierda de Perro." [Translation: Right now you piece of dog shit.]

To answer the questions running through my head days back I guess some things don't change.

I melt when she speaks. Her words are music to my ears regardless of the hatred behind them. I wish things never got this ugly because I dislike hiding my true feelings.

I can't just throw myself on her. I have to try. I have to earn her love and trust if I ever want things to be like before.

No. I don't want things as before, I want them better. But how? She knows what to do to get me angry. If anything we could bring out the worst in each other. There could be an unbreakable hatred grown over her stay that the promise of protecting her will mean nothing to me.

Think positive Lorenzo. Positive.

I sigh, "It's been over four months since we've seen each other and you're already beginning with insults? Quite low of you Isabella." I mutter leaning into my chair.

I turn my attention towards her but a piercing sting marks my cheek and I groan already knowing who caused it.

I don't bother rubbing the burn away. Instead, I stare at the ballistic brunette in front of me. Her hair is a bit out of place, her dark eyes blazing with a heat of irritation.

Isabella speaks, "No, I'm just stating the obvious." as she lowers herself to make direct contact with me.

She's beside me, unbuckled from her seat, free from the tape and zip ties wrapped around her wrist. Even the fabric to cover her eyes is gone. She's out but her friend...she's out too.