Part 8: The Trial and The Scouts

'Grisha, I understand you are a father here. But can you consider yourself a real father?'

'No, Y/n, I don't consider myself to be a father. I failed Zeke. But that doesn't mean I will make the same mistakes again. Eren is my new child, and I will not fail him like Zeke. I believe that what I taught is right. I believe that Eldia is in the right. But that doesn't mean I should enforce them on my children.'

'Grisha, you are like a father to me. But I can tell your influence has negatively affected Zeke. After he picked me up from the wagon, he told me the history of his country. YOUR history. Your explanations. He believes in Eldia. But his beliefs didn't stem naturally.'

'I know, Y/n. I am very aware of this. There are certain things I would fix if I could. Believe me, I wish some things just never happened.'

'Like your sister? Your wife's transformation? Your treatment of Zeke? Believe me, I can sympathize. Just because I have no idea who's blood runs through my veins doesn't mean I cant sympathize with a broken family. Really, I do. Having your sister ripped apart like that and your family turn a blind eye is truly terrible. Sometimes, when I was training, I wished that I could just leave this world and enter a new world. It would be better then some of the training I had.'

'I'm sorry for that, Y/n. Really, if we could go to another world, I would always be there with my family, away from this hell of a planet.' 

'Yeah, I probably would go somewhere else too.'

'Well, you should get some sleep Y/n. Tomorrow is the big attack day, correct?'

'Its a hunch, but yes, I believe so.'

'Then rest up Y/n. Cant survive on no sleep!'

'Yeah, I guess....night, Grisha.'

'Night, Y/n.'

...

(Warrior Fact! At one time during Y/n's training, the Tybur family had to deal with highly important trades for Marley. This caused for a party for the buyers, donors and sellers to come together. During that party, Y/n, the warrior candidate's, and other kids training to be soldiers were there to serve the guests. There, Y/n got to meet both Willy Tybur and his sister Laura, the Warhammer Titan!)

...

(Y/n's POV)

My head started racking up pain. I felt my head get nauseated, with my gut starting to feel sluggish. I let out a cough before I properly opened my eyes. My Survey Corps friend Hange sat in front of me with another one of my friends, Gunther. Hange was mumbling endlessly to him, and he looked slightly annoyed until he looked at me. "Hey, Hange, look! He's awake!" Hange turned around and faced me. She blinked once before her face lit up with excitement.  "Y/n! Its been so long! How are you doing! Oh, by the way, did you know you were a titan? Oh, I have so many questions! How can you get out of your titan? How are you able to fight so easily? How are you able to trans-" Gunther put his hand on her shoulder, implying for her silence. "Hange, your qestions need to wait for a moment. We have to start explaining."

"Now, Levi probably told you why you are here before you got in here. But incase he didn't, let me give you the short explanation. So, long story short, you and Eren's existence is being called into question. The Military Police wants to kill you. We want to save you. That's the situation." I rolled my eyes before inquiring further. 

"So, why do they want me dead?" Hange looked at Gunther briefly before leaning forward. "The truth is, those savages want you dead because they fear you! Those savages dont understand how truly marvelous your existence is to humanity! Oh, those idiodi-" "Hange, please. Anyway, she is on the right track. Some people believe that you are a threat to humanity. However, we believe you can help us fight back. So, your going to trial. If we win, we get custody over you and we can keep you alive. If The Military Police wins, you die. No question about it. So, in short, this trial will decide your life."