The Airborne Titan (Part 1)

(The Calm before the storm....)

(Author's POV)

Y/n, Reiner, Bertholdt and The Elite 4 sat around watching the slowly waking horizon, watching as the sun awoken from its slumber. "Do you ever just want to go and touch the sun," Y/n asked the others. All turned to him except Bertholdt, who stared at the rising morning with great interest. "You know, every day in Marley, we would always be awake when that showed up. Im fairly sure you were up then too, Y/n." He turned over to Bertholdt to see him stare at the sun with hope and happiness.

"Bert, my man, I barely ever slept at all. Something about my power lets me stay awake for longer then normal!" Reiner stretched his legs and arms out before giving a good chuckle to himself. "We have about like what, two or three weeks until the expedition. You mentally ready Nat." The boy looked at Reiner before signaling he was. "I just want to stay with my family. Most of them are in this very place. However, unless we dont get the Coordinate, then I can say goodbye to having a happy life with those I care about." 

"And who is your family?" THe boy looked around him before pointing his fingers at everyone. All the boys gave little chuckles before looking out at the sunset. "This is really nice, you know," Reiner stated. Everyone mumbled their agreement while being bemused by Reiner's ability to actually see the mood. "Damn right, Reiner," Y/n responded back. "It really is quite peaceful." They all sat there, staring at the sun peacefully rise over to them. "You know, Y/n, we should come here often so we can talk about things." Y/n turned to see Shikari lying down on the grass, eyes staring up at the sky with a small smile. "Really. I mean, wouldn't it be fun if we just talked about random things we thought about?"

"Like, imagine if this is what we did. Y/n, The Elite 4 and The Warriors give their thoughts and opinions on things they think about. Wouldn't that be fun?" Y/n didn't deny his question, giving the boy some satisfaction in knowing Y/n didn't think it was a terrible idea. "You know," spoke Reiner, "there aren't many things to talk about around here." Y/n shook his head. "Next expedition?" Reiner tilted his head before his mouth opened in understanding. "You know, I would be down for that. I think nobody will hear or listen to us, but it sounds fun."

"I mean, what topics other than the mission do we have to talk about?" Marcel pointed this out, causing everyone to start scratching their heads. "Eldia?" Marcel shook his head. "To controversial. That will probably get someone reported." Y/n came up with a great idea! "Levi!" Marcel shook his head once more. "Levi would be mad if we insulted one thing about him. Actually, l think talking about any one of our superiors could get us a full day of work." Y/n cussed under his breath. "Well, shitheads, looks like you all love taking breaks. Even though I told you all that there will be no breaks."

Levi was always a somewhat intimidating man, but with the death of both Sawney and Beane, he has been extra harsh on those who just recently joined the Scouts. He trusted Y/n and his friends, but that didn't mean he wouldn't make training and preparing for the latest expedition any less harsh. With this, the warriors had even more stress with what was going to go down. 

Reiner had his placement in the formation, Bertholdt his, Marcel his, and Natsuki on standby for his cue. Everyone else would be in certain areas of the formation that wasn't with Natsuki. Y/n, however, was playing a different role then what Levi wanted. Y/n requested that he be in the back with Armin instead of the front. Y/n told Erwin that he might be hunted alongside Eren, with his idea being to hide in the back. It wasn't the most perfect plan, but it did change Erwin's mind and worked for the warriors.

With the mission growing ever closer, teaching the formation was more important then ever. This is where Kurami and Shikari do their part. Sabotaging the plan was already planned, but after studying the formation, the new plan was to annihilate the right wing and have Reiner or Y/n give the information to Natsuki.