Chapter 6

I looked at my phone and it was already 5 o'clock. I needed to get ready so I got up and started walking to my room. "Where you going you still have some homework to do?" Jordan said in a stern voice. "I'm having dinner with an old friend, I need to start getting ready."

Before Jordan could say anything I ran to my room. Zach never told me where we were eating so I tried to pick something to wear that was casually and a bit fancy.

 Zach never told me where we were eating so I tried to pick something to wear that was casually and a bit fancy

(Outfit Rose chose to wear)

I rushed to the washroom and decided to do my makeup with a black wing eyeliner and peach color lipstick. I added some bronzer and blush of course. I got a text from Zach saying he was 15 minutes away so I quickly curled my hair and put it half up.

I heard a knock on the apartment door, knowing it was Zach I rushed out of the washroom and ran towards the door. But as I left the washroom Jordan answered the door instead.

"You're the one taking Rose out for dinner!" Jordan said to Zach in the angriest voice I ever heard him speak in. I approached the door but before I could walk out of the apartment Jordan stopped me.

"You're going to dinner with him." He said with disgust in his voice. "Yes I haven't seen him since I was 9, now let me leave." Jordan stepped aside and glared at Zach and Zach glared back at him. "Make sure she's home by 9 o'clock," Jordan told Zach before we left.

When we arrived at the restaurant we sat down and ordered. "Why didn't you tell me you lived with Jordan?" Zach questioned. "I don't just live with Jordan, I live with my brother Charlie too and I didn't think you had to know. We didn't want anyone to know but you answered the door and I'm pretty sure this cheerleader saw us leave school together." I explained.

"Why do you care anyway?" I asked. "We have some history." He replied vaguely. "You not going to tell me the history or what?" I said eager to know what happened.

"I meet this girl and I didn't know she had a boyfriend at the time who was Jordan. We were only talking but when we started getting more serious she told me she had a boyfriend and wanted to break up with him even before we meet. So we waited till she broke up with him then we got together. Jordan thinks we started dating while they were still together but we waited. We're still together, it's been almost a year actually." Zach told me everything that happened between him and Jordan.

I got why Jordan was mad, Zach did take his girlfriend even tho they waited till she broke up with him, but I was also happy for Zach having a girlfriend.

"Why did you move in with Charlie?" Zach asked me. I hesitated to answer but he deserved to know "My dad died a couple of years ago and my mom never recovered from it. She became an alcoholic and a mean one at that. She took her anger out on Charlie so he moved out and a couple days ago she came home in the middle of the night. I finally told her to stop drinking so she slapped me and kicked me out. Then I moved in with Charlie." My eyes started watering while telling Zach what happened.

Zach got up and came to hug me. "I'm sorry about what happened and that I brought it up." He said wiping my tears away, then returning to his seat. "It's okay I'm just glad I got out of that house," I told him and took a drink of water to calm down.

For the rest of dinner, we talked about everything that happened since we were 9. Apparently, Zach was quite a player but he has never liked anyone as much as he likes his girlfriend Rebecca and he wants to spend the rest of his life with her. And I told him all about me not attending school for a long time till today.

It was almost 9 o'clock so Zach drove me back to the apartment. When I got into the apartment Charlie and Jordan were both waiting for me. "Why are you home so late?" Charlie got up and walked over to me.

"I went for dinner with Zach, my childhood best friend. Do you remember him?" I told Charlie as a surprising look began to appear on his face. "Little Zachary?" He questioned. "Yes Zachary, I ran into him at school."

"I didn't know he went to our school I must not have recognized him," Charlie exclaimed. "I remember you and him never left each other sides from when the sun came up till it set. You guys even did a sandbox wedding in the park." Charlie and I laughed while Jordan looked angry at me.

Charlie headed for bed and Jordan stayed up with me to help finish the rest of my homework. The whole time I could tell he was mad at me though, then at around 11 o'clock, we both decided it was time to head to bed. Before he walked into his bedroom I stopped him to finally talk about what happened the other night.

"j-jjordan" I said faintly nervous about how he's going to react. "I just want to say thank you for the other night, filling up my snippy cup and putting me to bed and all." I looked up to him ready to say more "It was no problem at all, really." Jordan interrupted.

"Please don't say anything and just let me tell you what that was all about." I twiddled my fingers trying to figure out what to say. He nodded "Okay so it's a coping mechanisms called age regression which is basically where you revert to a younger mindset and use things like pacifiers and sippy cup, really any baby stuff, well for me personally. I use it to cope with the lose of my dad and how my mom is and everyday stress and anxiety." Yeah I think that was an okay explanation I hope. "It's NOT used sexually and doesn't cause any harm to me or anyone!" I added frantically and ran into my room afraid of hearing what Jordan may say about it.