The Tour

Rose and Sarah stayed in the medbay under observation for almost two weeks all up. Wanda had been told that she could come home after a few days, but she wanted to be there if they needed to be fed, so she stayed the whole time, while each of us took turns staying with her too.

The day we got cleared to bring them up, Steve and Thor carried them swaddled in pastel muslin wraps. Everyone was waiting excitedly for them to arrive and when the elevator dinged Riley and Pietro ran over with the dogs on their heels, dancing around excitedly.

"Dey're hewre, dey're hewre!" They both chanted as the doors opened.

Thor laughed loudly as he, Steve, and Wanda stepped out. "What a wonderful welcome home for your sisters."

"Alright, alright," Steve said, as he tried to navigate his way around them. "We don't want to scare them do we?"

"Daddy, daddy, we wanna show dem deyre woom," Riley said excitedly.

"And our wooms too," Pietro added.

Steve chuckled and ruffled Pietro's hair. "Wanda? You don't need to feed them yet?"

"No. We can take them for a tour of the house," Wanda agreed.

Riley and Pietro showed them all around the house, making sure the rest of us came along too. There was no rhyme or reason to where they went. First heading up to the bedrooms then back down to the kitchen. To the games room above the cinema, then to the cinema and the dining area. Steve told them the garden had to wait for another day so instead, they led us all up to the gym.

By the time they were done the babies had started to complain a little, they looked exhausted and my back was killing me. Natasha looked like she wasn't feeling particularly comfortable either, and I figured it might be time for her, me, and the kids to all take a nap.

"I think it might be time to feed the babies," Wanda said. "Thank you, Riley and Pietro, for showing them around."

"I think it might be time for you two to have a nap too," I added.

"No, mommy," Riley complained. "I don'd wanna."

"Tell you what," I said. "You come up with me and I'll read a story and you rest. And if you don't go to sleep you can get back up and play."

Riley wrinkled her nose but gave a reluctant nod.

"El," Bruce said, rubbing my back. "You and Natasha look exhausted. Why don't you both go have a nap and I'll read to the kids. We can go down to the garden with the dogs if they don't fall to sleep."

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Absolutely," Bruce agreed.

Wanda, Natasha, Bruce, and I headed upstairs, followed by Steve and Thor with the kids and we all veered off in different directions. Bruce took Riley and Pietro to Pietro's room, Thor, Steve, and Wanda took the babies to the nursery, and Natasha and I headed to the main bedroom.

"Now the fun stuff starts," I said, getting up into bed and pulling my body pillow into place. "Midnight feedings. Diaper changes."

"Mm... I think the others are going to try and make it so we're not the ones doing that," Natasha said as she got into position facing me, with her own body pillow tucked under her, supporting her stomach. "At least until these two are born."

"I guess that's what the nannies are for too," I agreed.

"Yes, they are," Natasha said. "I mean obviously if we're breastfeeding we'll have to get up, but hopefully that means our sleep cycles aren't too interrupted. There are 12 of us including the nannies after all."