Chapter 22

"Little do you know, all my mistakes are slowly drowning me. Little do you know, I'm trying to make it better piece by piece. Little do you know, I'll love you till the sun dies." - Alex and Sierra, Little Do You Know.

------------

"Come on, Kat. You've checked everything a thousand times. We're going to be gone for a couple of days, not a fucking year." Zach groaned and ran his fingers through his hair for a third time since he's been ready.

"Did you take your charger?" Kat asked as she looked around the room again, her hands playing with the hem of her flowy white dress that reached a few inches above her knees.

"I did and you've already asked me that twice. Let's go and I promise you if you find that you've forgotten something I'll just buy you another there." Zach let out a desperate sigh and Kat rolled her eyes at him. She hated forgetting something behind, but he was right, they needed to get going. Grabbing her scarf, she rushed to the mirror and started placing it around her neck, Zach's eyes following her evey move. "Kat, it's a hundred degrees out there."

She groaned in frustration. "I know that. But since someone decided to give me even more hickeys last night, now I have to wear this to cover them." As fun as it was to have Zach's lips on her neck, she was now paying the price. She didn't care who saw them as long as his parents didn't.

With a chuckle, Zach made his way to her and wrapped his arms around her from behind, pulling her back to his broad chest. "I don't remember you complaining last night. In fact I remember you telling me how badly you missed it."

God, that man was driving her insane. Staying strong, Kat refused to melt at his sweet tone or shudder as he kissed behind her ear. Yet she blushed when he moved his hands to her hips and pulled her back against his front. "Okay, fair enough. I did. But still, I can't just walk in front of your parents like that. It's seriously inappropriate."

"You're fucking adorable." Zach turned her around to face him and captured her lips in a soft kiss. He could never get enough of kissing her, he decided.

Kat wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him back. God, did that one handsome Alpha know how to kiss. Her toes were curling in her sandals while her lungs were fighting for air, and he was only going for slow and sweet. Blushing, Kat pulled back. "I thought we were in a hurry."

Zack smiled at how beautiful she was when she looked flushed. "We are, but I have my priorities, baby." He shrugged as he pecked her full lips again.

Kat laughed as she turned around and checked herself once more in the mirror. Satisfied with how she looked she turned to Zach. "Alright, I'm ready."

Zach adjusted his duffel bag over his shoulder and pulled her suitcase along before grabbing her hand in his. "Finally."

She rolled her eyes at him again as they stepped out of his room, only to be greeted by Ella and his parents in the hallway. Katie's eyes widened and she tried to pull her hand out of Zach's but he only held it tighter. "Morning." He simply greeted.

"Good morning, honey. Good morning, Katie." Luna Mel couldn't help but smile at the young couple before her. It had been a while since she had seen her son with an easy grin on his face.

"Morning, Luna. Alpha." Katie nodded in respect, as she tried to pull her hand to her side again yet Zach wouldn't let go. Why she was even embarrassed of such a small gesture, she didn't know, especially since she just got out of his bedroom that they have been sharing for the past few days.

"Are you two ready for this? Do you know what you need to do?" Alpha Mark asked as his eyes moved to their entwined hands and he smiled. He was so proud of his children, no matter what everyone else would think.