Chapter 25

"Has your back healed yet?" Kat asked once Zach got out of the bathroom with a clean shirt on. He had been in there for at least fifteen minutes, each minute making her feel worse than the last.

Zach made his way to her with a sweet smile and wrapped his arms around her lovingly. "Working on it, love. A little slower than usual but I'll be fine, don't worry."

He pecked her lips before giving her a reassuring smile, a mask of calmness and control on his face in order not to freak her out; when in reality he was truly worried. He still didn't get why he couldn't heal normally, but whatever the reason was he now understood one thing clearly. He needed to be extremely careful with her, because if he couldn't heal from a wound she inflected that meant she probably wouldn't heal if he ever did the same. And he would sooner perish. So he had to be careful and he had to learn how to be in full control when it came to her.

"I'm sorry, Zach." Kat sighed again as she nuzzled his neck, ashamed of her poor control. Hurting Zach was the one thing she never imagined she'd do. "I really am."

"Hey, look at me." With two finger under her chin, Zach lifted her head up to meet her eyes. "You have nothing to apologize for. I'd do it again in a heart beat, daily too, only to have you panting in pleasure, moaning my name like it's the only thing you can still remember."

Kat's cheeks instantly heated at his words and her heart skipped a beat. Nodding her head softly, she swallowed her guilt. She'd learn how to control it better, just like he did.

Zach grinned at her. Making her blush is one of the rare things he would never get bored of. Kissing her too. "Are you ready for dinner? We're going to meet a lot of people."

Kat sucked in a deep breath and let it out. That was the reason behind this trip after all, even if she dreaded it. "Yeah. I'm just a little nervous."

"It'll be fine, baby." He leaned down and kissed her cheek sweetly before trailing soft kisses along her jaw. "Just be yourself and you'll see how they'll fall at your feet."

God, that man was insatiable. And she absolutely loved how he could no longer keep his hands off her. "Okay."

Zach loved how out of breath she instantly got, how one touch and she would melt before him. They were the perfect match, he believed so, everyday a little bit more surely. Holding her hand in his, Zach pulled her out the door and down to the dinning room.

Kat admired how huge this mansion was. Everything in it spoke class and sophistication. Moving her eyes around the crowd, Kat let out a breath. "There must be at least a hundred people here."

Zach smiled down at the beautiful woman next to him. "At least." Squeezing her hand gently, he nodded his head in the direction of Alpha Steven and his Luna who were currently rushing to them.

Kat scanned the woman before her and smiled. She was extraordinarily beautiful for a woman in her forties. Her hair was a pale blond, down the length of her back. She had gray eyes that reminded Kat of Jessica and Jared, and fair skin that was glowing with health and fancy skincare products.

"Hello." Her smile, however, was small and laced with nervousness as she nodded her head to Zach and Kat. "I'm Luna Sharon."

"Katie." She shook her hand before her eyes trailed to Alpha Steven who was just as nervous. Kat understood that they must have been feeling threatened after what had happened earlier with their son. Zach had the right to start a war if he deemed fit.

Zach paid closer attention to Alpha Steven as he smiled apologetically at Kat. He was a good friend of his father's, but after the previous incident with Peter Zach's senses were still alert and defensive.