Chapter 37

So, I've decided to turn this story into two books!!

This is the last chapter of book one, hope you like it!

-------

Kat stirred in her sleep as another loud knock banged through her head. Moaning, she blinked her eyes open, desperate to go back to sleep. After they had finally mated Zach took her once again in the shower and then again in bed before she finally mastered up a will strong enough to push him away and sternly tell him to go to sleep. He frowned grumpily at her command for a couple of minutes and she silently cursed that man's stamina.

Moaning at the loud sound again, Kat shook Zach's sleeping figure. "Zach, the door."

Grunting in his sleep, Zach pulled her tighter against his chest, resting a heavy leg on both hers.

Kat sighed as whoever was at the door persistently knocked again. "Zach, wake up."

"Sleep some more, baby." He mumbled through her hair with his eyes still closed, and wrapped another heavy limb around her waist. Ignoring the sight of his muscles, Kat felt her lungs begin to squeeze.

Another knock had her fuming. It was the middle of the night, so unless the person at the door had a very good reason to wake them up, she was going to give someone a piece of her mind. She might even use that as an excuse to pratice her Luna voice.

Giggling at her thoughts, Kat pinched Zach's arm with enough pressure for him to growl and pull away.

"What the fuck is wrong with you, woman?" Zach rubbed his eyes with a deep frown between his brows.

"I thought we've established before that you're a fatass. Stop lying on top of me, and open the damn door." She glared and lifted a finger to point at the door.

Zach grinned at her lazily. "This is all muscle, baby."

Rolling her eyes at him, she tried to get out of bed but Zach only pulled her back into his embrace. Running his nose up and down her neck, Zach purred. "You smell so good, baby. Your scent and mine are mixed together and it's fucking heaven."

"Someone is at the door." Smiling softly, Kat pulled herself out of bed and grabbed the clothes they never actually got to wear, because someone insisted they sleep naked. She tossed him his, before quickly slipping on hers.

Zach groaned as he put on his sweatpants and turned towards the door, only to be stopped by his mate. "Where do you think you're going without a shirt?"

Zach blinked at her raised brows in confusion. He pointed at the door.

"What if it's a woman out there?" Kat crossed her arms and tapped a foot on the floor.

Grinning, Zach shook his head. "Baby, almost every woman in my pack has already seen me without my shirt on."

Kat gaped at him, her arms falling to her sides as she took a step back.

His eyes widening in horror, Zach quickly shook his head. "Not like that! Only because I train outside with the fighting team six days a week in nothing but my shorts, baby. Not because I've slept with them. I haven't, I swear."

Kat huffed sassily. "Fine, then. Have it your way." She grabbed the hem of her top and pulled it up her stomach.

Zack snarled instantly, baring his teeth. "Take it off, I dare you."

"Well, if you're going to walk around the house like that, then I get to do the same, now don't I?" She challenged with a smirk, loving the possessive fire his eyes flashed with.

Before Zach could threaten to have her across his knee someone knocked on the door again. "For fuck's sake, open up, lovebirds!"

Kat's eyes widened as she heard Jared's voice. Growling loudly, Zach took two strides and pulled the door open with more force than necessary. "What the fuck do you want?"