✧ Eight | A Tale of a New World ✧

The book sat on top of the coffee table, waiting for its contents to be read

The book sat on top of the coffee table, waiting for its contents to be read. Khaleesi wrapped her hand around the cover of the book and opened it. We sat side by side on the couch, ready to grasp the knowledge held within it.

She flipped open to the title page then right to the second page which was the table of contents. There were only three sections labeled on that page which were called "The Origin of Enchants", "The Ethics of Enchants", and "The Categories of Enchants".

I placed my finger at the corner of the page and lifted it up to "The Origin of Enchants". There, I was immediately pulled into the printed lettering. My eyes were fixated onto the pages where a story that would be found at the beginning of a cheesy saga began to form.

Ethoxyn. The very core of enchants in this society. Enchants, short for enchantments, were the skills used by Enchanters or Enchantresses to call upon certain elements in the ethoxyn around them and manipulate them to form the core for their enchants.

Before Enchanters or Enchantresses came to be in Cocoronous, they were normal human beings in this world. They were the lowest tier - labeled the Humilis Tier - due to incapabilities of enchants. Tiers were the social status that influenced the everyday politics and industry in Cocoronous. Obtaining a high social spot in the world often was influenced by the use of enchants which made things occur easier. The three tier classifications were the Altum, Inter, and Humilis.

The prime four Altum Tier species that held the most compelling enchants were dragons, alicorns, fairies, and elves in that very order. Dragons were capable of the enchants of time, life, and death. They could handle the ethoxyn to change the time or to influence the likes of life and death, making them invincible. Alicorns were able to define gravity by flying as well as using enchants to manipulate the celestial bodies like the stars and moons. Fairies were capable of using enchants from both dark and light and could utilize the sizes of things. Elves were capable of manipulating the nature around them and had regenerative abilities.

All four of the Altum Tier species were immortal and could only be ascended into deep sleep. They were still capable of awakening themselves after however long they chose, but they could never be killed.