✧ Two | Reassurance to Disappearance ✧

I had the sudden urge to throw a pillow and kick the door open, hands clenched as I woke up

It had been a week since I went to have dinner at the Piendre's. Within that time frame, I had not been productive at all. But productivity was not the reason I wanted to act like a wild animal that had escaped the hands of an abusive zoo.

Things were occurring again. Things I knew all too well. Things that had stopped before. But I guess it wasn't over for good.

But I knew how to handle those situations. History always had a knack for repeating itself.

Still, a little bit of old school drama was the least of my worries. One thing that did have me by the throat was the late-night vanishings of my roommate.

Yes, Lona was a hushed girl with a gripping reticent personal life. Out of the two of us, she was more introverted while I was more extroverted. She was more withdrawn about the world, while I seemed to be outgoing with it, so to speak. But, we were never enthusiastic about keeping secrets from each other. So her disappearing at night was one of the most irritating itches I had.

It wasn't like she was out getting drunk underage or doing some very indecent nonsense. I knew her better than that. Although, that still didn't stop me from wanting to know what she was doing.

She would leave around nine p.m., a few hours after dinner, then come home at four a.m. and lock herself in her room for extra sleep. She wouldn't wake up until possibly three p.m. And I knew how bizarre it sounded that I kept track of her whole unhealthy schedule.

Who on the entire Earth would come home at four a.m. with no context whatsoever? And I did try to ask her, but she would flat out ignore me. In the five hours that I did see her, she spoke nothing of her little escapade through dusk and dawn.

I had had enough of it. Even if it had only occurred in the last four days, it was too concerning. I needed to know what she was doing. I needed to stop her before she lost her mind completely from an unbearable sleep schedule.

So after preparing myself for the day, I frantically pounded on her bedroom door.

"Lona!" I stood there and waited for a response. Silence.