✧ Five | The Eye of the Myth ✧

Upon entering Khaleesi's unoccupied vacation home, my nose tingled with the welcoming smell of mint

Upon entering Khaleesi's unoccupied vacation home, my nose tingled with the welcoming smell of mint. The interior of her home was spacious as expected, but only possessed simple furniture. It was indeed a humble home.

Khaleesi set her heels on the shoe rack next to the front door and started to walk towards the stairs.

"I'm going to go take a bath. Feel free to make yourself at home. I'm sure there's some extra food in the kitchen," she offered as she stalked up the stairs.

I slumped on the small couch in the living room and closed my eyes.

What am I still doing here? I pondered to myself. It finally had hit me that I followed a complete stranger into her vacation home and was currently sitting on her couch.

I had to process everything before I could think straight about what to do next.

Me, an ordinary girl was transported to a different planet, discovered half animal people, and wandered into a stranger's home. Like what was happening?

I was obviously crazy and losing all of my common sense (well, if I had any to begin with).

Apparently, I was not dreaming either. There were so many other possibilities of what was occurring. I still had my doubts and I wouldn't let go of what I currently knew about my world and my life before I was transported here. I couldn't just forget about everything and start a new life. Everyone back home could be worried and confused by my disappearance. I had to make it back before they filed a missing person report.

I couldn't just forget about how I was staying at my parent's house and that I suddenly disappeared. Even Lona might start calling me a hypocrite.

Before I could delve further into an internal conflict and self-combust, a voice interrupted.

"You seem lost in thought." Gliding down the stairs was Khaleesi. She looked cleaned up, with her damp hair and her face clear from the specks of dirt she had gathered from her mysterious journey.

I brushed my hair out of my face and cleared my throat. "Yeah, I was."

She continued down the stairs wearily.