✧ Nine | The Soverign's Command ✧

Rain cascaded down the obscure sky as the world stood in total despair

Rain cascaded down the obscure sky as the world stood in total despair. We were encompassed within a desolate field of dirt, where the atmosphere was like a barren dust bowl sweeping through the air. Among the despair, were trampled footprints which seemingly belonged to the mode of transportation at the time: horses.

Yet, the most excruciating view was the copious amounts of bodies belonging to soldiers whose souls and livelihoods had forsaken them. It was obvious that the scene in which we were brought into was a battlefield. Not just a battlefield, but a massacre. It was the war that Khaleesi had mentioned, and I was reluctantly living through it.

In the near distance, a hill stood pridefully in the sorrows. And on top of that hill was Sovereign Teague, accompanied by his army of men. He had a smirk on his face as if silently saying to never doubt his word. The triumphant sovereign grasped his sword and raised it from his sheath to the dreary sky.

It was truly horrid.

His sword. His wicked smile.

His sword, drenched in crimson was a statement itself. Crimson dripping, his men started to cheer. The sky began to sob more as a lighting storm entered to escort its dreary companion.

Even if it was a scene from a mere book - history absorbed into these pages - it was still so lifelike, making my stomach drop in distraught.

Almost like a strike of hope, seven more of the Sovereigns of Cocoronous glimmered into view. They stood below the hill, sternly facing Sovereign Teague. Though, the sternness wasn't able to mask their faces of immense regret and unease.

"You should've expressed your bias towards our decisions by telling us maturely. Not by any means of unnecessary violence," said Lord Acesdut, projecting his voice while approaching the hill calmly.

"No. You wouldn't listen at all," Sovereign Teague replied, putting his bloodstained sword in its sheath. "'It's all about the people.' Such a ridiculous statement. There's no choice but to go to war with these lowlives who crave violence and power. They should be stopped and put in their places for questioning our authority."