✧ One | The Girl Who Almost Flew ✧

It wasn't very difficult to force myself through the window that had been unintentionally left open to greet the sheepish wind

It wasn't very difficult to force myself through the window that had been unintentionally left open to greet the sheepish wind. It happened quite frequently as a result of my cousin Maggie's tendency to have an absent mind when it came to minor details.

Although it wasn't ideal to enter a home through someone else's bedroom window, I found it more effortless than having to knock on the door and wait patiently. Admittedly, I was not a patient person, so finding the easy way out was my unhealthy habit.

After settling my feet on the hardwood floor, I stretched my arms and took in a soothing breath. The immediate sensation of warmth and comfort ran through my mind when I stepped inside the home. This was the feeling of walking into somewhere where I knew I belonged even if it wasn't my exact origin.

I stood in Maggie's room, whose walls were painted lavender and decorated with acrylic paintings along with other knick-knacks, including potted plants and shelves of art supplies. Her room had the personality of a spontaneous artist that just couldn't contain all of its unique visions to itself.

The sight of the room made me grin just a bit as I kicked my mini backpack that I had thrown in the room before I intruded.

I sauntered to the bedroom door and stepped out into the little hallway that led to the living room from the bedrooms. Directing myself to the living room, I crossed a girl with a moderate build of a typical sixteen-years-old. Her shoulder-length curls swayed side to side as she bounced in her walk. One hand on her hip and the other holding a bundle of folded clothes, she leaned on one leg, hip out as she eyed me.

"You should really stop using my window as an entrance," she instantly lectured upon seeing me.

"I'll think about it," I ventured with a smirk.

She obviously knew that was a false statement as she made sure her eye roll was evident. As she trudged past me and into her room, she called out, "Mom's making chicken adobo tonight so prepare to stuff your face later."

I rejoiced with a silent fist pump before making my way to the living room where I was welcomed by a Filipina middle-aged woman who was by the stove preparing a meal.