Chapter 13

8pm dinner at home. Bring your girlfriend with you.

Was his mother's text message for him. It's Friday and his mom wants them to have dinner at their home.
He replied saying he's not yet sure, but he will try. After a few minutes her mom's name flashes on his screen.

Have you read my text message?

Yes mom, I already replied

I'm not asking you if you would come, I am telling you about dinner and you should go.

But mom, I'm not sure if I'm done with work at 8pm, I just came back from Singapore and I still have a lot of things to do

So you're saying your work is much more important than me? Your mother who carried you nine months, you gave birth to you, who take care.of you when you're still a kid, your mother who loves you. If I had know this would happen, Sana I ask your dad to have more kids baka iyun may oras sa akin. Sige na, I know how busy you are. I'm sorry I wasted your time son.

Mom, please -

The line cut off. He massaged his head and decided to cancel his last meeting for today. One more thing is he needs to tell Leila that their going to have a dinner with his family.

What? Tonight? As in tonight?

Yes, tonight as in tonight

Don't get me wrong, of course I would love to meet them. It's just that, this will be my first time and I don't know how and what should I do? Justin Im even wearing my office attire!

You still look beautiful wearing that, and even nothing. He said naughtily

Justin!! Ano ba? Ano? Di ba pwedeng ikaw na lang? Pass muna ko.

Love, it's just a dinner. Nothing to worry.

It's a dinner, with your family, how can I not worry? Should I bring something? What should I bring? Will they like me? What should I do? And please don't call me love when we're in front of them.

So I can call you love when we're not in front of them?

You're not helping. She said rolling her eyes, which made him chuckle

Trust me, just be yourself there's nothing to worry. It's just a dinner with my mom, grandmother and sister. We can bring dessert if you like. And I swear, they will like you as much as I do. He said while tucking her hair on her ears.

Fine. Mas nakakahiya rin naman kung hindi tayo tutuloy. Pero nahihiya pa rin ako, kaya huwag mo kong iiwan doon ha. Isasama mo ko kahit saang parte ng bahay ka magpunta. Ayokong maiwan, kinakabahan ako.

Kahit sa cr sasama ka?

Alam mo naiirita na ko sayo, bilisan mo na lang bibili pa tayong cake. At ikaw magbabayad dahil iniinis mo ko! She said while walking away.

Sigurado ba ko sa ginagawa ko sa buhay ko?

Grabe naman, you're just having dinner my family parang kung anong desisyon naman ginawa mo.

Ehhh kinakabahan nga ako! First time ko to okay?

I know, and I'm happy that it's with me again. And I promise you my family will be the last family you will meet. Let's go?