Chapter 6

Sir, ready na po ang team they're waiting for you in the conference room. Grace said.

Okay, give me two minutes

But Sir, Miss Leila is not yet here, her secretary told me that she'll be late today and ask me to inform you to start the meeting without her.

Where is she?

I don't know sir, Micah said she's still on her way here. This is actually the first time she'll be late sir.

What happened to her? Is she okay?

According to Micah Miss Leila is fine sir.

Okay, tell the team to get ready, susunod na ko.

Grace left him in his office to inform the team in the conference room.

Meanwhile Justine tried to call Leila's phone but she cannot reach her. He was worries about her because she was never late most especially if they're having an early meeting.

Bakit cannot be reach?

After six times of trying to reach her through call, he decided to proceed in their meeting.

Bakit ayaw pa rin? Damn it!

He was getting anxious while the meeting was going on and it did not passed the eyes of his teammates.

This is the first time they saw him like this during meeting.

After almost an hour, a rushing Leila barged in the conference room. And all eyes are at her.

Good morning! I apologized for being late, I am sorry everyone. She said while looking to them. She then looked at Justine and apologized.

She was about to take her sit when she heard his voice.

Why are you late? He asked sternly.

She looked at him but his eyes were scanning the papers in front of him.

I'm sorry sir, I - I don't have valid reason for being late just because I woke up late today. I apologized.

She said bowing her head, obviously felt embarrassed.

You woke up late? Didn't we schedule this meeting almost a month ago?

He asked, still without looking at her.

Yes sir, this was scheduled exactly three weeks ago. I - I already set an alarm for this since I got the memo. I apologized sir, I know I have a lame excise and - and it is not even an excuse. Sorry po.

She nervously explained. She knows that she has a mistake but she did not expect this interrogation as soon as she get it the room and mostly in front of their team.

So what happened to your alarm?

He asked her again without giving her a single glance.

Again sir, my reason is not valid. I wake up late because I overslept. I'm sorry po, I'm willing to get punished by my misconduct.

This time all their teammates are looking at her, and when Justine would say something they will look at him. It seems like they were watching a tennis ball being played with two opponents.

You already know how invalid your reasons are, but do you know how important this meeting is?

He asked her seriously looking at the documents.

Yes po sir

But still you became incompetent by being late because you overslept?

This time she didn't know what to say anymore. It is her fault. She just bowed her head out of embarrassment.

When Justine didn't hear anything from her, this time he asked her he was now looking at her

Do you know how important this meeting Miss Leila?

Yes Sir Justine, I know how much this meeting is.

He kept looking at her as I'd waiting for more words coming from her

I know how unprofessional my action is and I sincerely apologise for that. I also know I caused a delay, sorry sa inyo team. Sorry po talaga Sir, Hindi na po talaga mauulit. Sorry po.

She said anxiously.

He just nodded in response and so she take her sit and they proceed to their meeting smoothly.

During the entire meeting Leila cannot look at him. She was avoiding his gaze. She felt so embarrassed.

While Justine was giving her glances from time to time, he wants to know what happened. He want to connect with her through eye contact. But he feels that Leila keeps avoiding his gaze.

He suddenly realized how bad his approach to her earlier.

Now he needs to ask her what happened and also apologize for his behavior.

***********
Ayan kasi galit na galit na kaagad eh. Iniiwasan ka tuloy. Haha! Anyway, hey guys! Do you miss them? 😊

I'm sorry for not having regular update for this story, I am planning to finished writing Choices and Chances first so I can focused here and on my other story.

Plus, your frustrated-author is too hooked up with Webinars that keep me busy these days. It requires time. Hehe.

I promise to give you an update once in a while. Hope you like this chapter!

Let me know what you think by your comments. Enjoy reading! Thank you so much!

Keep safe! 😊💜

PS. This chapter is not yet proofread.