Chapter 12

Today was the day she expects him to get back from working abroad for two weeks. they both agreed to meet on her apartment as she will cook dinner for the both of them. He requested his favorite pork sinigang and as a dutiful that she is she took a quick tour on the nearest grocery to buy all the ingredients she needs. She started cooking at six in the evening as she expects him to be home at seven.

The thought of him coming home to her every night made her smile and forget her anticipation.

Is this what wife does to their husband? Preparing dinner and waiting for him to come home? Is this what housewife do? she asked herself

Leila! Ano ba! Wala pa ng kayong isang buwan nasa wife duties ka na agad? Napakaadvance mo naman magisip? She berated herself

She was in that state, arguing with herself when she heard the doorbell rang. She wipe her hand and fix herself before she opened the door. She even took a quick look on the mirror to check if she still looks good.

tagal naman po. He said, walking inside the house as he hugged her tight.

Sorry na po, nasa kitchen kasi ako.Kain na tayo? nakaluto na ko. She explained while hugging him back.

Wait lang, let's stay like this muna. I missed you.

I miss you too.

I love coming home to you. Yung ganito, every night. I cannot wait for it to happen.

She did not respond to him and just stay still hugging him as she remembers his grandmother's request. He noticed that she feel awkward talking about it and he knows how it affects her when talking about their future.

After a few more minutes hugging each other, he pulls away and then look at her face smiling at her. I miss you, he said. And kissed her on the forehead. Kain na tayo? He asked

They walk to her dining table, he sits down as she prepares their food. She noticed that he is watching all her move with a smile on his smile.

Why are you smiling? She asked as she sits in front of him.

Wala naman, excited na ko. It smells so good.

Weh? Ano nga? Akala mo hindi ko napapansin na kanina mo pa ko pinapanood habang naghahain ako tapos nakangiti ka pa. Nakakailang kaya. Bakit ba?

Wala nga po. Kain na tayo oh. Grabe sarap talaga! He said as he started eating.

He continue eating until he noticed that she is not even touching her plate.

Why? Kumain ka na ba? Bakit di ka kumakain? he asked her

Not yet, ikaw kasi.

Ha? nandito na ko oh, sabay na tayo kumain, gusto mo ba subuan kita? he asked grinning which made her roll her eyes at him that made him chuckle.

Bakit ka nga kasi nakangiti kanina?

Yun lang?

ewan ko sayo

Ang cute mo lang kasi.

Cute? Paano?

I'm smiling because I can see what how my future would me.

future?

yeah, my future with you, having this moment, yung uuwi ako from work sayo gabi-gabi, nakikita ko na kanina kaya ako nakasmile. Pwede na po ba tayo kumain?