Chapter 2 - A familiar face

Catra's POV

I was out, in town buying groceries for the band, as I was approaching the cash register I saw a familiar blonde. I quickly ran into an isle to hide and collect my thoughts, 'What is she doing here?' I looked back and saw that she had left so I went over to the register, paid for the stuff and left. As I was driving back to the Horde all I could think about was her and old feelings started coming out again, 'Stop it Catra, she left and she isn't coming back'.

When I came back I was greeted by a smiling Scorpia, "Hey Wildcat did you get the groceries?" Scorpia asked, "Yeah I did... Something weird actually happened at the store," I said, rubbing the back of my neck out of nervousness. "What do you mean weird? Also, do you need help carrying the groceries in?" Scorpia said, walking towards the trunk of the car with me, "Yes please. Uhm so... I kinda saw Adora in the store..." I said, grabbing the groceries from the trunk. "Are you sure it was her?" Scorpia asked, grabbing two bags, "Yeah, I mean I didn't talk to her or see her face directly but I would recognize her hair poof anywhere," I said, a smile creeping onto my face at the memory. "And how did it make you feel, seeing her again?" Scorpia said walking towards the door, "I don't know... I guess I felt angry because she left but also happy to see her again, all these other feelings came back too," I said, thinking about the moment I saw her again. "Okay, what feelings came back?" Scorpia said, now holding the door open for me, "Thanks" I said walking through the door, "I guess I miss her and..." I said, looking away from Scorpia, blushing at the thought."And...?" She asked, moving her hand gesturing me to continue, "And, I don't think I can get over her. Seeing her again made all these feelings of love come back" I said, still not looking at Scorpia.

She squealed and started jumping up and down, "That's great Wildcat, hopefully you'll get to see her again and confess. Who knows maybe she feels the same?" She said, smiling at me, "Yeah, maybe..." I said, looking back at her smiling. "See who? And confess what?" Shadow Weaver's voice could be heard throughout the whole corridor, "Uh no one, um we were just talking about something on social media yeah," I said, panicking.
"Okay then, put the groceries away and get to practice quick! Remember we are participating in the 'Battle of the Bands' this year!" Shadow Weaver said, pointing towards the other end of the corridor, "Yes!" We both said, saluting as we made our way to the storage.

We dropped off the groceries and went to the band room, when we got there Lonnie, Kyle and Rogelio were already there waiting for us. "There you are, what took you so long?" Lonnie asked standing up, "Um, I kinda saw Adora..." I said, rubbing the back of my neck, "Really!?" Kyle said, his voice higher then usual. "Yeah, you know what you guys start without me I've gotten inspiration for a new song," I said grabbing my notebook and pencil from the table. "That's great Wildcat, I'm sure it'll be another banger."Scorpia said, enthusiastically, "Sure just don't take too long," Lonnie said, "I won't, I have a pretty good idea of what the lyrics are going to be. I'll be back, say in an hour and a half then we can work on the melody and chords," I said walking towards a quiet, empty room. "See ya soon," Kyle said, waving at me, "Have fun," Scorpia said, I just waved back not saying anything.

I went into the room and stated writing, I didn't realize how quickly I wrote it all because when I came back everyone looked surprised. "Are you done already? It's only been like 30 minutes!? Lonnie exclaimed, "Wow Wildcat, that's record time!" Scorpia said, "Let's just think about the melody and rhythm okay?" I said, everyone nodded and we got to work. We came up with a melody after a while and the rest of the song came along soon after, "Okay. And we are done!" I said finishing writing the last few notes, "That's gotta be the fastest song we've ever written," Lonnie said, looking at me. "This song is great Catra, do you think we'll be able to play it at the Battle of the Bands?" Kyle asked me, "I think so, I mean the audience sure love a song about heartbreak. Let's just hope Shadow Weaver approves," I said. "What. This banger? I'm sure she'll love it," Scorpia said, smiling.

After that we played the song song for Shadow Weaver and luckily she approved. She told us that we had to chose two other songs two play, making three in total. We decided to do one cover and an old original song that we wrote when SHE was still here, who knows maybe she'll be there to hear us perform...

A/N

Word count: 855

Wow, two chapters (three if you count the introduction) in one day. Please leave suggestions of songs that Catra and Adora would write a about each other, and maybe even Glimmer and Bow or Mermista to Sea Hawk with lyrics that can express how they feel. Because I'm kinda struggling to find good ones.