Chapter 17 - Quarter Finals

Adora's POV

The date with Catra yesterday went amazing, I haven't told anyone that we love each other or that we are girlfriends or the fact that we went on a date yesterday but they probably will find out at the quarter-finals. Principal Angella has allowed us to take the day off to practise for our performance later today so we are currently at the studio practising, we have 5 hours till the quarter-finals. "Okay guys, let's take a break," Perfuma said, clasping her hands together, "Ugh, finally. We've been practising for hours," Mermista complained, I brought my guitar to its case and placed it inside then grabbed a water bottle and sat down on one of the couches. Bow and Glimmer approached me and sat opposite me, "So Adora, we usually hang out before big things like the quarter-finals. Where were you yesterday that was more important?" Glimmer asked, 'I knew they were going to find out but not this soon' I thought. "I was... sleeping?" I said but it sounded more like a question, "You're a terrible liar Adora," Bow deadpanned, "Okay fine, I was on a date with my girlfriend," I said and they shrieked but their expressions quickly changed to confusion. "Wait, girlfriend? What about Catra?" Bow asked, confused and I just smirked and let it sink in "Wait you and Catra are girlfriends?!" Glimmer exclaimed, this got the attention of everyone else "Yes. Since yesterday actually," I said smiling. Everyone congratulated me, I talked about Catra for a while and we went back to practice, after another 2 hours of practice we had perfected the songs; we spent the rest of the time practicing some more then put our outfits on and then drove to the venue. 

We got to the venue, Perfuma and I went to see when we would be performing; we walked to the desk and it said that we would be performing second and Breaking Point was third which was great because then we could perform and I could see Catra perform and then we could watch the rest of the performances together. We walked over to the rest of the group and talked for a while, "Adora," Glimmer said while nudging me "What?" I asked and she just pointed towards the entrance, I looked over and saw Catra and the rest of the band walking in. "Catra!" I yelled and waved my arm, she turned towards me and a smile appeared on her face, she said something to the group and came running towards me. I opened my arms and she ran right into my hug, I picked her up and spun her around for a bit, "Someone's excited to see each other," Mermista said and Catra and I both blushed and I let her down. I chuckled nervously and rubbed the back of my neck, "I don't think you've met the others yet. That's Mermista our bass player, that's Sea Hawk her boyfriend and our equipment/light guy, that's Frosta our bodyguard, that's Entrapta our sound manager person and that's Perfuma our manager and therapist," I said pointing to each person as I said their name and they waved, "Everyone this is Catra, my Girlfriend," I said proudly. "We've heard a lot about you," Perfuma said excitedly, Catra turned to me and smirked and I blushed "Well I can't really say the same about you," Catra said looking back at everyone before anyone said anything else the rest of Breaking Point made their way over to us. "Hello everyone," Scorpia said excitedly, "Right, this is Scorpia our drummer, Lonnie our bassist, Kyle our keyboardist and Rogelio our other guitarist but he can't speak unless someone here knows sign language," Catra introduced everyone, "I know sign language," I said and Catra face-palmed, "I know that, dummy. We grew up together remember?" she said and everyone laughed, "I know sign language too," Perfuma said "You know sign language?" I asked her, surprised. "Yeah, I learned it in case any of my future patients are deaf," she shrugged "Makes sense," I said and everyone agreed, we were interrupted by the first band playing, "Well we better go backstage, since we're going to be second. We'll see you later," I said and we waved as we made our way towards the backstage door, "Bye," Catra said and waved and the others did the same.

It was our turn to perform, we started by playing a cover of Keane's Somewhere Only We Know because we wanted to start with a calmer song and build up the tension.