Chapter 19 - Majors & Photoshoots

Adora's POV

After I finished my 2 classes for the day I went back to the dorm, as I was getting my keys the door opened and Catra pulled me inside swiftly, she closed the door with her foot and brought me to sit on the couch. "Hello to you too," I said, surprised at her actions, "Right, how were your classes?" she asked sitting beside me, "They were good. Is there something you wanted to talk about...? You seem in a hurry," I said and she nodded, she looked nervous. "Hey, it's ok. You can tell me anything," I said reassuringly, she took a deep breath and looked into my eyes, "Uhm... so, when I was choosing my majors last year I choose them because the one thing I knew I wanted to do was get Shadow Weaver arrested for the abuse and help out other orphans, and not that I don't want to help orphans anymore... it's just..." she trailed off at the end getting more nervous. "Take your time," I said calmly, "I want to focus on art and music so I'm going to change my majors," she said looking down, "Okay. Why were you so nervous to tell me, this is great Catra. I'll support whatever makes you happy," I said smiling as she lifted her head in shock, "Really?! I thought you would want me to continue with what I already was doing because we had a bad childhood and because the arts aren't always successful, so when we are out of college you would have to support us," she said rambling, "Wait you've thought about a future with me beyond college?" I asked and she blushed, "I mean yeah?" she said but it sounded more like a question, "I love you," I said and she was taken back a bit, "I love you too, but-" she said but I interrupted her with a kiss. It was a shorter kiss but it was full of love, when we pulled away I opened my eyes to see that Catra's were still closed and she had a shocked expression, she fluttered her eyes open and opened her mouth but nothing came out. "We should probably go tell Angella now that you want to change majors," I said with a smile and she nodded, as we walked to Angella's office hand in hand Catra remained silent, "Hey, you okay?" I asked worried, "What? Oh yeah, yeah I'm great. I was just thinking," she said and I nodded, "Mind telling me what you were thinking?" I asked, "Oh, nothing much just random thoughts," she responded, "Okay," I said. When we arrived at Angella's office I knocked on the door, "Come in," she said and we walked in, "Hello, what can I do for you today?" she said kindly, "Catra here wanted to ask you something," I said as Catra hesitated, "I was wondering if it isn't too much trouble of course if I could change my majors to Art, General and Music, Theory & Composition?"She said nervously, "Of course I'll enrol you in those classes right away, you should be getting your schedule tomorrow," she said typing something on her computer, "Thank you very much," Catra said and we left her office. 

"So what do you want to do for the rest of the day?" I asked as we went into our dorm, "What do you think of a photoshoot?" she asked and I was a bit confused, "A photoshoot? Who's going to be taking the pictures?" I asked and she chuckled, "Me Dummy, I'm quite the photographer if I do say so myself," she said proudly, "Since when have you been a photographer?" I asked and she laughed again, "The times when Shadow Weaver wanted to see you alone, also while you were gone I picked up on the hobby again," she said and shrugged. "Okay then, a photoshoot it is. Wait should I change or...?" I said and she nodded, "I think that's a good idea, why don't you bring 1 or 2 extra outfits too," she said, "Okay, should they be like trousers and a t-shirt or a dress?" I asked, Catra thought about it for a minute, "How about both, wear something more casual and also bring a nice dress," she said and I smile and nodded. I put on some high waisted, baggy jeans, a white graphic t-shirt and a red and black flannel, I grabbed a blue dress with cherry blossoms on it and put it in a bag, I went back to Catra who had a bag of her own in hand and she grabbed the keys. We went to the parking lot and I put my bag in the back seat then got in the passenger seat, "So where are we going?" I asked, "I was thinking we could go to the river and take pictures on the bridge," she said, "That sounds cool," I said and she started the car. We arrived at the river 20-minutes later, got out of the car and grabbed our bags, "The bridge is a 5-minute walk from here," Catra said and we started walking towards it. 

"Okay, so should I just walk across it or...?" I said as we arrived at the bridge, "How about you start by leaning against the railing and looking at the river?" she said and I nodded. I positioned myself as she suggested and she started taking a few pictures, "Okay now look at me, rest your head in your hand and smile," she said and I did. We took some more pictures at the bridge and some in the nearby forest as well as some nature pictures, the sun would be setting in a bit more than an hour so we went to the car. "Do you want to take more pictures or call it a night?" Catra asked as she started the car, "Hm," I said thinking, "Oh! How about we take some pictures at the lavender field you took me to on our first date," I said after a minute, "That's a great idea. We'll even make it in time before the sun sets," she said and I smiled. 

We arrived at the field 10-minutes before sunset, "Now would be a good time to change into your dress, Princess," Catra said getting out, I got out of the car as well and grabbed my bag, "Okay but you stand over there while I change," I said pointing at the other side of the car. "Of course, M'lady," she said and did a little courtesy which made me laugh, I took my clothes off and slipped the dress on but I wasn't able to zip it up completely. "Catra? Can you help me with the zipper?" I asked and she came over, "Sure," she said and zipped it up, "There. Now go lie down over there," she said and pointed to a spot, "Make sure your hair is nicely sprawled out," she added getting something from her bag. I lied down making sure my hair was nicely spread out and looked neat, "Catra is this okay?" I asked and she came over to my side and looked down at me, "It's great. Now put this on," she said giving me a flower crown, "Okay," I said and grabbed it, putting it on. "This sure is a lot of different flowers in one picture," I said and Catra laughed a bit, "It sure is. Now, lift one leg slightly and bend the other one to the side. Put one arm over your chest and the other at your side and look the other way," Catra said, "Like this?" I asked positioning myself as she described, "Perfect. Now serious face first then we can take some smiling and laughing," she said, "Okay," I said. She took quite a few different pictures, and now the sun had already set, "I think that's enough," I said and she laughed, "Yeah. I'll show them to you back at the dorms unless you want to go to sleep straight away," she said helping me up. "Sleep sounds great so tomorrow. Hey, maybe we could show the rest of our friends the pictures too, I'm sure they would like some pictures taken of them," I suggested, "Maybe but I much rather be your personal photographer than theirs," she said with a chuckle, "You know what maybe we won't tell them that you're an amazing photographer," I said getting closer to her face. I put my hands at either side of her head against the car, pinning her there, "I'd much rather keep you all. To. My. Self," I said inching closer as I said each word, she closed her eyes but I pulled away, "Well, it's getting late we should head home," I said starting to walk away but Catra pulled me by the wrist. "You're such a tease," she said and I laughed before she kissed me, I melted into it but she soon pulled away, "You're right we should go back. Can you drive? I'm tired," she said nuzzling her head in my chest. "Sure," I said and we got into the car, Catra fell asleep on the drive back so I brought her up into the dorm and laid her in bed, I got changed and lied beside her and soon drifted to sleep.

A/N

Word count: 1563

I finally uploaded it on schedule! Thanks for reading, who knew Catra was a great photographer and Adora was such a tease. Anyway, it's kinda late when I'm uploading this so I'm gonna keep this short.