Chapter 25 - Long talks and Painting

Adora's POV

After finishing my classes for the day I returned to the dorm and found Catra in the spare room painting. "Hey, I'm back. What are you working on?" I said as I went to hug her from behind, "It's for my art class, we are supposed to be painting something to represent a false reality" she said with a nervous chuckle at the end. I looked at the painting again, a mirror was depicted with a person looking at their reflection. One side was bright and colourful and the reflection was dark and looked sad. "Wow, Catra! This looks amazing!" I said and she turned to look at me with a hopeful look, "You really think so?" she asked. "Of course!" I said, giving her a kiss on the cheek. "Do you mind if I watch you paint?" I asked, Catra continued painting only humming in response. 

"I'm thinking of adding cracks to the mirror. What do you think?" Catra asked, breaking the silence after 15 minutes. "Totally. I think it will make look cool!" I said enthusiastically making her chuckle. "By the way, do you wanna tell me why you were so nervous yesterday?" she asked, "Oh, I think I was nervous because I could tell how much it means to you and I was afraid of messing up on stage and dissapointing you." I said, looking at the ground. Catra immediately stopped what she was doing, gently lifting my chin up to look at her with her hand then holding mine with her own. "Why would you ever think that Adora? You are the most talented person I know and I would never blame you if we didn't perform well nor would I ever be dissapointed in you. I am so proud of you and I love that you care so much about other people that it makes you nervous but you also need to be able to learn when it's to much. If caring about people is stressing you out then you need to be selfish for once and take care of yourself first. If it gets hard know that I'm always here for you, to listen or just to have somebody." the words slipped out of her mouth so easily and with so much earnestnest that tears started forming in my eyes. When the first tear fell onto my cheek she burshed it off right away and pulled me into a hug. "I love you so much Catra," I mumbled into her shoulder. "I love you too, Adora," she said then kissed the top of my head. We stayed like that for a few minutes, "Do you wanna get lunch?" Catra asked, "I'm not that hungry" I said but my body betrayed me when my stomach grumbled. "Sure you're not. Let's go Princess," Catra said with a smirk.

We went to a café nearby campus, ordered coffee and some food, "Hey Catra? Can I ask you something?" I asked a bit nervous. "Of course," she said before taking a sip of coffee, "Well I was just thinking about our future, and I was wondering if you've also been thinking about it and you know the thing people do eventually," I said making her giggle, "I've also been thinking about our future yes. But i'm not exactly sure what you mean by the thing peole do eventually," she said a bit confused at the end. "I mean marriage," I said  a bit shily, "Oh. Well I have thought about it I guess," she said a bit taken a back. "Obviously I'm not saying I want to get married this year. But I just wanted to ask you when you thought would be a good age to get married," I said trying to sound as relaxed as possible, "Well, we definitely need to have jobs before we get married. So after we graduate and are financially stable," she said confidently. "That's still a few years from now," I said sadly, "Well that doesn't mean we can't get engaged. Just the wedding has to be when we are well on our feet," she said after laughing at my reaction. "But I don't want to be engaged for like 2 years," I said, "Well, since you still have 2 more years left, we could get engaged the year you graduate which gives us plently of time to get jobs," she said calmly. "That's a good idea. How is it that I am dating such and incredibly smart woman?" I said, making us both chuckle, "Well, someone has to be the smart one in the relationship," Catra said jokingly. "Hey! I'm smart" I protested, Catra laughed at my antics, "You're right, I'm sorry," she responded. 

After our talk we finished our meal and returned to the dorm. Catra continued working on her painting and I decided to just relax in our room. We are going to be having band practice later in the evening, the finals aren't happening for at least a week but Perfuma wanted us to practice as much as possible before the show so that we could be as prepared as possible. 

A/N

Word count: 852

Thank you so much for reading. This is a shorter, filler chapter but I hoped you enjoyed it. The next chapter will probably be the finals and then there will be another chapter after the finals and lastly an epilogue.