Chapter 6 - Dear Even Hanson

Catra's POV

The past weeks practices have gone well and we have nearly perfected the songs, today is Thursday and DT is going to give us the outfits so we can practice in them. "They should be here any minute now," I said pacing around the room, "Catra, calm down I'm sure they are on their way right n-" Scorpia said but was interrupted by the door being banged against the wall, "I'm here! Did you miss me?" DT said dramatically. "Finally, did you bring the outfits?" I asked angrily. "Calm down kitten, and of course I brought them," They said, "Good, can we have them?" I asked annoyed, "Yes here you go," they said handing us our outfits, "Before I go I have a performance tonight so I expect to see you there," they said, facing us, "Okay, where and when is it?" I asked. "At the Etherian Theatre at 8 o'clock," they said with a grin, "We'll be there. Good luck," Scorpia said happily, "I won't need it," Dt said, cockily, "Okay, see you there then," I said waving.

After DT left we tried on the outfits and practised, they were comfortable and simple but still stylish. After practice, we changed and got ready for DT's gig; the five of us got into the car and Scorpia drove us there. The theatre was big and once we were inside we saw that it was packed with people, "Wow, DT got a big gig," I said, astonished, "Yeah, I'm sure the play will be amazing," Scorpia said excitedly. We sat in our seats and after 10 minutes the lights dimmed and a woman stepped on the stage. "Welcome everyone! We are so happy you could make it to see our rendition of Dear Even Hanson..." the woman continued speaking but I couldn't hear anything else she was saying, 'That was our favourite musical' I thought to myself. 

*Flashback*

On Adora's 12th Birthday Shadow Weaver allowed her to go to the theatre and see whichever play she wanted to see, she had no idea which one to see so she chose a random one. Adora, Catra and Shadow Weaver went to see Dear Even Hanson and Adora and Catra absolutely loved it. After they saw it Adora convinced Shadow Weaver to buy her the album and since then she and Catra would listen to the soundtrack every day, they memorised all the songs and would even perform them together when they had free time; though their favourite songs were For forever and If I could tell her. On Catra's 12th birthday Adora somehow managed to persuade Shadow Weaver to go see Dear Even Hansen again to surprise her and Catra loved it.

One night Adora and Catra were on Adora's bed, with the duvet over their heads they had one earphone in each and were singing along to one of the songs when Lonnie came over. She pulled the duvet from their heads, "Will you two shut up! It is 1 AM and the rest of us are trying to sleep!" she said angrily, "Sorry," Adora chuckled, nervously. Lonnie went back to bed and the two girls started giggling quietly, "We should go to bed Catra," Adora said, rubbing her eye, "Yeah," Catra said, laying down. "Goodnight Catra," Adora said, "Goodnight Adora," Catra replied.

*End Flashback*

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard clapping, I looked around and saw people standing up. I quickly stood up and clapped along, 'Did I miss the entire play?' I thought to myself. We walked out of the theatre, "Hey, you okay? You were awfully quiet throughout the entire production." Scorpia asked me, "Yeah, isn't this like your favourite musical? You and Adora used to sing these songs all the time," Lonnie added. "Yeah I'm fine I was just enjoying the musical that's it," I said, "Okay then," Scorpia said shrugging, "Do you guys wanna go back?" she asked and we nodded. During the drive back I was sitting in the back thinking about Adora while the other's talked about the show, we arrived back at the Horde and I got ready for bed. "Hey Catra? Can I talk to you for a sec?" Scorpia asked me, "Sure, what's up?" I asked walking into my dorm, "Well I noticed that you kinda blanked during the show and don't bother making excuses," she said. "Okay fine, I was lost in thought... about Adora," I said the last part quietly but Scorpia heard me. "Catra, do you think seeing her at the Battle of the Bands could distract you?" she asked, I thought about it for a bit, "You're right, what if I see her and mess up the performance. Shadow Weaver would kill me," I said, starting to panick. "Calm down, okay how about this. If we perform before them then just avoid her till after our performance and then afterwards you can talk to her." she said, calmly, "Okay, I think I can do that... wait what if they perform before us?" I said, "Then you could either go outside while they perform and wait till they finish or we get Shadow Weaver to guarantee that we perform before them," she says putting her hands on my shoulders. "Thanks Scorpia, you're a life saver," I say smiling at her, "No problem Wildcat, glad I can help. But one more thing, will you be able to not think about Adora while we perform?" she asked me, "No but I'm counting on that for the original song were doing. Emotion makes the crowds go insane and I'm sure the judges will love it too," I say smiling and she smiled back at me. "Okay, goodnight then," she said starting to leave, "Goodnight," I say as she's leaving.

A/N

Word count: 954

Sorry if this is bad, I didn't really know what to write and also I have never seen Dear Even Hanson (Please don't come for me) so I don't know anything about it. If any of you would like to tell me about it please do. The next chapter will be Adora with Bow and Glimmer in the car, driving back to the college and then I'm planning to do the battle of the bands. 

Now I need your opinion, would you prefer If I did the battle of the bands in two parts in third person pov or have Catra's pov of her performance then Adora's pov of Catra's performance then Catra's pov of Adora's performance and then Adora's pov of her performance or Catra's and Adora's pov alternating but continuing in time instead of having their different pov's of the same thing?