Chapter 24 - The Semi-Finals

Catra's POV

After we went back to the others we talked a bit about our performance and finalized some details. We were going to be 1st so one of the backstage staff brought us to our green room to get ready, we handed the staff our instruments for them to tune them, get the amps ready and set up the stage. I walked up to Adora sensing that she was nervous about the performance, "You're not nervous Princess, right?" I asked her and she looked up from her fidgeting hands. "Pfft, nervous? Me?" she tried to come off as non-chalant but I just stared at her with a deadpan look and her expression broke. "Yeah, I'm definitely nervous. I don't know why though, I mean I wasn't this nervous before our other performances..." she said pacing a bit, trailing off at the end when I stopped her by placing my hands on her shoulders. "Are you nervous because it's your first performance with your girlfriend" Glimmer, said smirking. "Or maybe she's nervous because it's the semi-finals," I said a bit annoyed at Sparkles, "Or maybe it's a combination of both?" Bow suggested and Adora nodded her head. "Why would you be nervous to be performing with me?" I asked her and she looked away to hide her blush before loooking back at me, "I don't know why, it's just how my body is reacting?" she said but didn't seem convinced. "What's the real reason Princess?" I asked. "Can I tell you later?" she said glancing at her friends, I looked at them as well and nodded. "As long as you can overcome your nervousness before the show and give your best I don't care if you don't tell me," I said which made Adora smile. "Aww. Catra's so soft for Adora," Glimmer said and I glared at her. Before I could say anything to her one of the staff came into our green room, "You guys are on in 3 minutes so you need to head to the stage now" he said and walked away quickly. "Well here goes!" Adora exclaimed and started heading to the stage. 

We were backstage and the lights dimmed, our cue to walk on stage, I glanced at everyone behind me then turned to look at Adora who was already looking at me. I nodded and smiled at her and she grinned back, the lights got brighter and the spotlights were focused on me and Adora. "Hello everyone! We are the Rebellion!" Adora said and the crowd went wild, "As you can see we have a new addition to the team. From the unfortunately disqualified and disbanded Breaking Point is my beautiful girlfriend Catra!" she continued and the crowd once again went wild. "Our first song, is one we wrote ourselves. It's called 'Nobody like you' and we hope you enjoy the show." I finished off and the crowd cheered, when they started to calm down I immediately started playing my electric guitar and started singing.

When the song stopped the crowd cheered and when I looked over at Adora I saw that she was smiling just as wide as I was. "Our next song is 'Paper Rings' by the queen T-Swift" Bow said and the crowd already cheered before we started playing.

The crowd went wild, "We must have a lot of Swifties in the crows huh?" Bow asked and the crowd cheered making the band laugh. "Well our last song is energetic as well, so don't worry" Glimmer said and I took the opportunity to make a joke, "It's a real classic!" I exclaimed, which made Adora giggle and me smile. "Hey where's the drum?" Bow said and started playing the drums and I joined in with the electric guitar.

"I hope you enjoyed the show!" Adore said, "And we hope to see you in the Finals" I added on and the crowd cheered for us as we started leaving the stage. We passed the band going after us, they congradulated us and we wished them luck before we went back to our green room to relax. "The performance was great you guys!" Perfuma and Scorpia exclaimed simultaneously as we walked into the room before embracing us in a big bear hug. "Thanks" we all said at the same time. "The event really got an update for the semi-finals and finals." Adora said as we sat down on the sofa, "Yeah, I mean we even get our own rooms, with monitors of the stage," I said  before taking a sip of water. "So do you guys want to stay to watch the other performances or go out while we wait for the results?" Perfuma asked, "I would like to stay and watch but I don't mind if we go out," Adora said. "Well I wanna go out!" Glimmer said excitedly, "Me too," Bow said, agreeing with Glimmer. In the end majority said to go out so we ended up going to the mall to eat something and buy some things. 

"Do you think we'll make it to the finals?" Adora asked me, as we were walking out of the 5th store she said she liked but ended up not getting anything. "Definitely," I said confidently making her smile, "Since you haven't gotten anything how about we go to a store that I like now?" I suggested, "Sure," she responded. I picked out some clothes to try on and went into the changing room, "Adora can you come look?" I called and a minute later she was standing in front of me with her idiot smile. "Wipe that stupid grin off your face, it's only clothes," I said and her smile turned into a frown, "It's not 'only clothes'" she said emphatizing what I had said with air quotes. "It's clothes that make my awesome girlfriend look gorgeous in," she said confidently making me blush, "You look so good in them that I'll buy you the outfit," she said making me laugh. "Thank you, my charming prince in shining armour for saving me from having to pay for my own clothes," I said jokingly which turned Adora's face into a serious one then into a smirk. "No problem my damsel in distress," she said making me chuckle. "Okay that's enough. Just c'mere and kiss me," I said, putting my arms around Adora's neck. We kissed for a bit before we were interupted by someone clearing their throat, we pulled apart only to find Mermista looking at us with her classic deadpan look. "You guys should stop that before Glimmer and Bow find you or worse employees of this store" she deadpanned, making both of us blush. I changed back to my outfit and Adora paid for my new outfit. 

After an hour we met back up with everyone and Adora had finally found something she liked, and we ended up with 3 bags for both of us. Glimmer and bow were holding 4 bags each, Mermista ended up with 5 bags while Perfuma and Scorpia only had 2 bags between the two of them. "The results should be revealed by now. Shall we check them now?" Perfuma said and everyone agreed. Perfuma took her phone out and cheked the results, "We made it to the finals!" she exclaimed excitedly and we all cheered. "Shh! Guys we're still in a public space remember?" Mermista said which made us all shut up. "I want to celebrate but I'm too tired so can we just go home?" Adora said, "Sure Princess. Bow, Glimmer? Is it okay with you guys?" I asked and they nodded. "See you tomorrow then," I said and then we all said our goodbyes and went back to the dorms. 

A/N

Word count: 1283

Thank you so much for reading and for waiting so long. I hope you enjoy the chapter and I will try to finish this story in the next 3 weeks. Also lmk if you like the songs.