Chapter 14 - The date

Catra's POV

It's been 3 days since Adora, technically, asked me out and we've been texting every day since then. Two days after the first round of the competition the judges announced who would be advancing and obviously both mine and Adora's bands advanced. Everything was perfect; band practices were going good and Shadow Weaver was slightly better than usual, classes have been good and tomorrow was the day me and Adora would go on our date. Our date, I had been planning it since she asked me, trying to think of the perfect first date for her. Since it was the weekend I decided to spend the whole day with her, we already know so much about each other but I want to get to know everything about her. I was wearing a black Thrasher t-shirt with black, ripped, skinny jeans and was driving Scorpia's pickup truck, I got to Adora's room at 9 AM. I knocked on the door once and she opened it quickly "Hey Adora, someone's eager for our date," I said giggling a bit, "Hi. I mean I have been waiting years for this to happen. Is my outfit okay? You said to wear something casual that would be okay if I got dirty," she said with a nervous chuckle. I hadn't really looked at her outfit that well but she looked beautiful, she was wearing blue ripped jeans and a beige tiered bell sleeve blouse; I must have been staring at her for a while, "Is it okay? Why are you staring?" she asked nervously, "Yeah. I didn't mean to stare it's just you look beautiful," I said which made her blush, "Thanks but it's just a simple outfit. I don't think it's that beautiful," she said looking down, "You would look beautiful in anything," I said making her blush even more. "I also see that you are giving me special treatment, wearing your hair down," I said which made her giggle "We are going on a date," she said, confidently, "Right, let's go then," I said and we started walking down the hall, we were walking very close together and our hands grazed, Adora took my hand and interlocked her fingers with mine. "Is this okay?" she asked, "It's more than okay," I said smiling, we walked to the pickup truck and got in; the drive was silent but a comfortable silence, except when Adora would ask me what we would be doing and where we would be going to which I replied that it was a surprise. 

After 30-minutes we finally arrived at our first destination, "Pottery? I didn't know you did pottery," Adora said as we stood outside the shop, "I don't that's the point. I figured since we already know so much about each other we should do something that neither of us have ever tried before," I said, "That's really clever Catra," she said after a bit of silence, "Thanks but Scorpia helped with the 'new experience' idea and I thought of pottery," I said, "That makes sense," she said. We walked inside and were treated by an older (as in older than them not old) woman, we put some aprons on and sat down next to each other while the woman sat opposite us. She explained how the pottery wheel worked and gave us our clay, she sat down and showed us how to do it while we tried to follow along. I was quite good at it but Adora was terrible, she kept making mistakes and when she tried to fix them she just made it worse, she had to restart 5 times. We laughed a lot, especially at Adora for being so bad and by the end, I had made a mug with cat paws and Adora had made a weird looking bowl. We walked out of the shop with our new crockery, "That was fun," I said with a smile, "Yeah it was. I think that that's the most I've ever laughed," Adora said with her dorky grin, "Yeah me too. Are you ready for the next part of our date?" I said and she looked at me slightly confused. "There's more?" she asked, "Yeah. I wouldn't take you out this early if we were only going to do one thing. We are spending the whole day together," I said proudly, "Wow, you really thought hard about our date didn't you?" she said smiling, and I suddenly felt embarrassed and shy, "Well yeah. I mean I've been waiting years as well," I said nervously, "Catra, you don't have to be embarrassed. I'm flattered you thought so much about our date, it's cute and shows how much you care," she said reassuring me, "Well, I really do care don't I?" I said, "Yeah, you do," she said. We walked back to the truck and started the drive to our next location, it was just a 10-minute drive this time.