Chapter 23 - Pre Semi-Finals

Adora's POV

It's been a week since Catra started therapy, she says that it has been going well and that she is doing better because of it; and today the semi-finals are happening and I feel nervous because it is our first performance with the joint bands. When I woke up the bed was empty, "Catra?" I said groggily, "In the kitchen!" she replied, I got up and stretched then went into the kitchen to see her cooking breakfast. I hugged her from behind and rested my head on her shoulder, she was making french toast, "French toast?" I said and she hummed in response, "Unlike you my cooking skills are quite diverse and don't require burning the entire kitchen down," she said with a chuckle at the end and I scoffed. "I can cook," I said offended, "Sure you can Princess," she said sarcastically, "Do you mind setting the table?" she asked sweetly, "Yeah," I said and grabbed two plates, knives and forks and some glasses then put them on the table. Soon the french toast was ready and we ate breakfast, "So, Glimmer said that you two are planning to go shopping together, when did that happen?" I asked taking a sip of milk, "Well two days ago, actually, I think Mermista is coming too," she said nonchalantly. "It's great that you're friends with my friends, I'm really happy," I said and smiled "Well Mermista and I are probably going to comment on everyone we see and Glimmer's there to keep us under control. But I'm really happy too," she said and smiled back. We finished breakfast and I started washing the dishes while Catra dried them, "So when's your next therapy session?" I asked handing her a plate, "Um next week Tuesday," she said and I hummed in acknowledgement, "Why do you ask?" she said and I shrugged. "No reason in particular. Except for the fact that after therapy you seem happy and that makes me happy," I said smiling, "Hm, could it also be the fact that since I went to therapy we've taken our relationship to the next level?" she said, trying to sound nonchalant, "I-welllllll..." I said stretching the l and blushing. She wrapped her legs around my waist, pulling me closer, from where she was sitting on the counter "Well, I don't need therapy to know how much I love you, all of you," she said sweetly, wrapping her arms around my neck. "I love all of you too," I said wrapping my arms around her waist and kissed her, it was passionate and full of love. It soon escalated and I was carrying her to our bed, she broke the kiss and we were both panting, "Aren't we going with Bow and Glimmer to the semi-finals?" she asked and I grunted, "Forget about them, they're not coming till 11," I said, "Wait, what time is it?" she said then took my wrist to look at my watch, "It's 10:40, they're going to be here in 20 minutes and were not even dressed yet," she said worriedly. "Don't worry, I'll be fast," I said confidently, "Even if you're quick, we'll have to shower," she said hesitantly, "We'll do two in one then," I said and picked her up, "Wait are you thinking what I think you're thinking?" she asked and I just nodded, "I guess it'll be time-efficient," she said. 

When Glimmer and Bow knocked on our door we just got finished getting ready, "See I told you we could make it in time," I said as I opened the door, "Okay, you were right but we still only made it just in time," Catra said. "Wait, why wouldn't you two make it in time?" a confused Glimmer asked, I flushed red but before I could say anything Catra did, "No reason," she said nonchalantly, "Okay," Glimmer said, not sounding convinced. "You'll tell us later right?" Bow whispered as we walked down the hall, Catra in front of us, "Don't you even think about telling them Carrero," she said sternly, "She only uses the last name when she's serious," Glimmer said. We went to the car and drove to the semi-finals, after 30 minutes we arrived, "Sparkles, Arrow boy you go see when we are going to be performing, Carrero and I need to have a conversation," Catra said and I swallowed hard, Bow and Glimmer nodded and gave me apologetic faces. She grabbed me by the wrist and started pulling me along, "Am I in trouble? I swear I didn't tell them. Where are we going?" I said wearily, she remained silent until we arrived in a corner where no one could see us, "You are not in trouble, at least not yet. I just wanted to have a moment alone with you before the show and calling you by your last name is a good way of doing that without them asking questions," she said finally breaking the silence. I let out a breath of relief, "Thank goodness. You know you can be very scary when you talk like that especially using my last name," I said and she laughed, "Well I can't have them thinking that you've made me soft," she said wrapping her arms around my neck as I put mine around her waist, "And that would be such a bad thing because?" I asked looking at her eyes, "Well somebody needs to be able to put them in their place and we all know you can seem though but are a real softy," she said then gave me a quick kiss before I could respond. "I think it's working then, but know that if I'm ever upset with you I will use your name against you too," I said playfully, "And I will continue to too. Now let's go rock this place!" she said and dragged me back towards the others.

A/N

Word count 979

The long-awaited next chapter. I am so sorry that you all had to wait a whole month for a new chapter, it's not that I was that busy it's just that I had writer's block mixed with not a lot of motivation but I am back and I brought the spice! (That sounds kinda cringy but whatever) Thank you to everyone who has read my story and waited patiently for the next part, the comments you left are my source of motivation, I mean if you didn't tell me I wouldn't even have noticed that it has been a month since I updated, (again so sorry for the long wait) so thank you to everyone who has been commenting on this story.