Chapter 1

The bright golden sun peeks through the frosted windows, waking up Bailey Reis on her eighteenth birthday. She hops out of bed to wake up her best friend Victoria in the other room. Her smile can be seen from a mile away. Bailey has been waiting for this day for eighteen years. She's finally an adult.

Bailey opens the door to Victoria's bedroom. She quietly walks up to her bed, then jumps on it. Victoria lifts up her eye mask.

"What day is it?" Victoria asked, groggily.

"November thirteenth," Bailey smiled. "My birthday!"

She looks at her clock to see what time it is. "Six o'clock? Wake me up in three hours," Victoria puts back on her eye mask and falls back asleep.

"C'mon, Victoria, I'm eighteen now! It's going to be a great day!" Bailey squeals.

Victoria lifts up her eye mask one more time.

"Okay, fine, let me take a shower, and then we will go out for breakfast," Victoria says. "Just give me five more minutes,"

Bailey pulls Victoria out of bed.

"I've got a great day planned!" Bailey says.

Victoria moaps to her dresser to pick out an outfit for today. Bailey goes back to her room to get ready. She takes a shower, gets dressed, puts on her makeup, and by the time she was done, it was seven in the morning. She walks back over to Victoria's room and knocks on the door. Victoria is drying her hair in her room.

"Come in," Victoria says to Bailey. Bailey walks in.

"Just give me two minutes," Victoria says, brushing her hair. "Where are we going for breakfast?" Victoria asks.

"My Grandma wants me to go to her house for breakfast. My cousins are going to be there and everything. It's kind of a tradition, but the rest of the day is free for us to hang out! This birthday is going to be amazing!" Bailey smiles. The girls head out of Victoria's room and to the kitchen. Bailey grabs a water bottle before opening the door to leave. Victoria gets her car keys and her black, crossover purse. They both go out the door, Bailey excited to experience life as an adult.

The girls hop in the car and drive to Bailey's grandma's house.

"So, tell me about this tradition with your grandma," Victoria says.

"Well, ever since my cousins, brothers, and I were little, we've always gone to my Grandparent's house for breakfast on our birthday. My grandma would make us whatever we wanted. Muffins, pancakes, waffles, eggs, anything! My grandpa would give me a hug and give me my gift when I walked in the door. He would give me a cookie and say to not tell anyone about it. When we moved to North Carolina, we lost the tradition, but at least once a year, my family would take us to say at grandma's,"

"That sounds really nice," Victoria smiled.

"It is," Bailey got more excited every second. "And my cousins would all come over, we would all celebrate and have a good time. I can't wait to see everyone again! You'll love my grandma, she's so sweet,"

"I'm sure I will! I'm excited for today!" Victoria says.

Victoria parks her Black Audi in Bailey's grandma's driveway behind three other cars.

"Those must be your cousins," Victoria says, looking at all of the cars. She noticed that two out of the three cars had an Islanders sticker somewhere on them.

"Yeah," Bailey says. "They're all here,"

The girls walk to the front porch and knock on the door. Bailey's grandmother answers the door.