Chapter 13

Bailey went home with Mat that night, the happiest she has ever been. She danced along to the music that Mat had playing in his car.

"Good night, eh?" Mat smiled.

"The best," Bailey smiled. "I'm so happy,"

Bailey's phone buzzed.

*ny_islanders tagged you in a post

Bailey checked the post. She saw a picture of her doing her goal celebration after her first goal. The classic bow and arrow celly was her favorite. She smiled and took a screenshot to post it as well. She posted the same picture. Within minutes, her phone blew up with likes, comments, and new followers. She put down her phone and smiled again, letting in the fame.

"So, how do you wanna celebrate tonight?" Mat asked. "You want me to throw a party?"

"It's kinda late," Bailey said.

"That's the best part," Mat smiled. "We can be up until four in the morning,"

"That sounds fun," Bailey said, smiling. "We would do it tonight?"

"When else?" Mat asked. "We could invite tons of people, whoever you want,"

"Okay," Bailey smiled.

"What are you waiting for?" Mat asked, looking at Bailey. "Invite them already,"

Bailey pulled back out her phone and asked her family that was there for the game to come, as well as Victoria and Nick. She also asked all of her teammates to come. She was prepared to have the best time of her life.

When they got home, Mat took out big bowls to fill with chips and too many party cups to count.

"Who's coming?" Mat asked.

"I've got the okay from Tori, Nick, and most of our teammates," Bailey said. "My brother might stop by, but my parents said that it was too late for them,"

"Alright," Mat said. "Sounds good,"

Bailey got dressed in jeans and a white crop top. Mat threw on a t-shirt and a pair of shorts. Some of the guests started showing up.

"Congrats, Bails," Victoria smiled, walking in the door.

"I'm so proud of you," Nick said, handing Bailey a gift.

"Nick, you really didn't-" Bailey started.

"It's from me and Tori," Nick said. "She thought you'd like it,"

Bailey smiled and put the gift in her room.

"Help yourself to some drinks and snacks," Mat told everyone as they came through the door.

"Congrats, Bailey," Olly told her, smiling.

"Thanks, Olly," Bailey smiled. "Great job tonight,"

"You too," Olly said.

They awkwardly stared at each other for a few seconds, but then Bailey broke the tension.

"There are some drinks over there," She said, pointing to the kitchen. "Help yourself,"

Olly smiled, then went over to the kitchen with some of the other guys. Bailey noticed Olly kept looking at her. She looked back and smiled.

Victoria came up to Bailey.

"Sick party," She said.

"Thanks," Bailey said, holding a cup full of sparkling water.

"Is that Oliver Wahlstrom looking at you?" Victoria asked.