Chapter 10

After a week, Bailey was with Mat as usual for practice. They got dressed and went early to the ice. Oliver Wahlstrom was also early, practicing his shots.

"Hey," Oliver said to them.

"Hey, Olly," Bailey said.

Oliver skated to them.

"Getting some early practice in, eh?" Mat asked.

"Yeah," Oliver said. "Coach said that I might be able to play in the next few games,"

"That's great!" Bailey said. "Congrats,"

"Thanks," Oliver said. "I'm excited,"

"We wouldn't want to bother you," Bailey said. "Keep with your practice,"

Oliver smiled at Bailey.

"Thanks," Oliver said.

Bailey and Mat skated to the other half of the ice and started passing the puck.

"How old is Olly?" Bailey asked.

"Why?" Mat asked.

"I'm just curious," Bailey said, looking at Oliver.

"He's probably about twenty," Mat told her, passing the puck. "He's a nice guy,"

"Huh?" Bailey switched her eyes from Oliver to Mat.

"Olly," Mat told her. "You'll like him,"

"Oh," Bailey said. "That's good, I've gotta know the whole team,"

"Yeah," Mat said. "There's no one that gives you a hard time, is there?"

"Nope," Bailey said. "No one gives me a hard time,"

"If anyone does, I'll set them straight, eh," Mat said.

"Thanks," Bailey said. "But I don't think you need to worry about it,"

"You sure?" Mat asked.

"Positive," Bailey affirmed. "I've been a part of this team for months, there's been no problems,"

"Alright," Mat said.

The team met at center ice where Coach usually tells them which drills to do.

"I just got some news about our captain," Coach started. "Unfortunately, he tore his ACL on the last game against the Devils,"

The team let out sighs and "awe"s.

"He won't be able to return this season," Coach said. "I need to see who we can fit in his place,"

He looked around.

"Of course, there wouldn't be anyone who can fill the shoes of Lee, we need someone to be there in his place,"

Coach got all the players together and he decided to scrimmage the first thirty minutes of practice. He wanted to see where everyone would fit, especially the newer kids on the team. Bailey was on a team with Jordan, Mat, Ryan Pulock, and Adam Pelech to see how the starting lineup would look without Captain Anders Lee. He put Brock Nelson along with Kieffer Bellows, Oliver Wahlstrom, Andy Greene, and Noah Dobson.

During the scrimmage, Oliver hit Bailey into the boards trying to get the puck. Though Bailey hopped up quickly, Oliver apologized.

"My bad," He said.

"You're good," Bailey said, skating to get back to her position.

After practice, Oliver skated to Bailey while Mat went to the locker room.