Chapter 27 - Cute Couple

The next morning was a Saturday.

Nagisa woke up to a clear day of cerulean blue skies with no clouds in sight. He brushed his short blue hair, with the ends of it tousled gently to his movements. He sat still around the dining table, watching Karma cooking a batch of scrambled eggs in the kitchen. The smell of fresh breakfast baptized the kitchen and showered the apartment room.

Nagisa felt especially light and fluffy that day. Although his heart was still embarrassed and squirmy about Karma's approach to him last night, the kiss didn't weight himself down. In fact, it was quite sweet.

His cheeks grew a red blush just from reminiscing the past.

He shook his head and continued watching Karma cook. Soon, the fire on the oven was turned off. Karma walked to the table with two plates of breakfast. He slid a plate over to Nagisa. "What's on your mind?"

Nagisa snapped out of it. He was in a trance from looking at Karma's apron...

It was a white apron with the words "I love", and "Nagisa" (personally stitched) on. Just looking at the sight of the apron made Nagisa's blood rush to his head.

"Huh?" Nagisa perked up. He shook his head quickly. "No, there's nothing on my mind."

A slick smile plastered over Karma's face. "Really?"

Nagisa hurriedly looked away. He directed his attention at the plate of breakfast inserted right underneath his nose. "Don't talk so much. Let's eat." He quickly said his thanks before digging in, leaving Karma to wear a face of mischief.

Unable to interrupt Nagisa, Karma could only eat his own food quietly.

After they finished eating and Nagisa washed the dishes clean, the couple sat across one another on the lounge. Nagisa took out his phone and aimlessly scrolled.

It wasn't until he heard a few footsteps did he raise his head.

Nagisa was speechless when he found Karma's face just inches before his own. Nagisa felt his heart stop for a second before lurching as the distance between them shortened. "W-What is it, Karma?"

Karma smiled. His teeth were creamy white. "Doesn't Nagisa want to spend time with me on this great day?"

Nagisa blinked. "Huh?"

Seeing that Nagisa didn't understand, Karma pulled out two tickets from his pocket. His two fingers held it in between steadily, showing it off like a magic trick. "I'm inviting you to a concert. Doesn't that sound good? We get to spend some time together."

Nagisa's eyes focused on the information provided on the ticket.

"A concert in the afternoon?" He questioned.

Karma nodded smugly. "Yes. Want to go with me?"

Nagisa lowered his head, with shadows falling over his expression. He didn't want Karma to see the heat crawling all over his face. "O-Okay." His mouth curved into a shy smile and he agreed. He nodded, and raised his head at an attempt to hide his blush.

Out of the corner of his eyes, Karma caught the sight of Nagisa's shy appearance.

His eyes brimmed with affection. He almost wanted to cup Nagisa's face while watching it for the rest of eternity. He wanted to engrave every grain of it into his mind.

"Then shall we get going? I can drive us there." He smiled.

Nagisa obediently nodded.

Little did Nagisa know, a scheme was brewing in Karma's mind. Karma wore a mischievous smile. Once we're in the concert, it'll be all dark and scary! Nagisa will be scared, and I'll be right beside him to care for him! In the meantime, I'll also sneak a kiss from him! This is my perfect plan!