Chapter 3 - Sakura Trees

"Alrighty, students. Please take out your homework from yesterday. I'd like to check over them with you."

     It was a new and bright day of teaching Class 3-5, something that Nagisa was profoundly excited about for a long time. He sees himself in those students. They're all grumpy and disrespectful, but all they need is a little push to become perfect role models. "Shiota-Sensei!" Haruhi raised her hand. "Yes?" Nagisa had trudged over to her desk. The student had a frown and several other frowns backing her up from her classmates.

     "I give up on English." She spat.

     "Haruhi-san, I'm afraid I can't accept that. I'm sure it'll become handy sometime in the future, and it'll also become simple as cake for you if you try." Nagisa tried to reason. Haruhi only shook her head, with a few heads mimicking her from the peers.

     "Shiota-Sensei, how are we even supposed to do this shit if you aren't going to teach us?" Akio snapped.

     "Well, this was just review-"

     "Review? Bullshit! You expect us to be outstanding students with outstanding grades? Are you out of your mind? We're Class 3-5. We're the lowest of the low. There's nothing good about us." Naoko piped up.

     Nagisa frowned. "And who decided that for you?"

     The students were speechless. Though they purposefully made it seem like they were a bunch of hopeless students guaranteed to fail, Shiota-Sensei wasn't going to stop nor give up. In fact, neither of those were options to him. "I'm telling you! As long as you try, you'll get the hang of it. Please take out your work from yesterday. I'll be talking it over." Nagisa insisted.

     The rest of the students only sighed. Their plan to make Shiota-Sensei feel like giving up was hopeless.

     "We'll be taking up question one together." Nagisa walked back to the front of the classroom, taking a chalk and began to write on the black board. "What is the correct spelling for the word 'impossible'?" He made a blank space walled in with the shape of a rectangle, for the students to fill out the correct answer on the board.

     "Does anyone want to come up and write it down?" He asked. Nobody dared to move.

     "Okay then. Akio-san, if you may."

     "Why am I the first one you chose?" Akio grumbled. Nagisa gave a wholehearted giggle. "I just chose on random. I guess you're the first one to pop in my mind, since you give off such a strong impression."

     Akio bit back a blush as he slowly trudged over to the front of the classroom, snatching the chalk from Nagisa's hands and began to smother chalk over on the blank rectangle.

     I m p o s i b l e

     After Akio finished writing it down, he sat back down on his seat. "Nice try. You actually spell 'impossible' with two 's'. Though I'm confident you'll get the grasp in no time!" Nagisa applauded. A wave of murmurs went down in the classroom. Shiota-Sensei was an optimist in their eyes. He didn't understand their pain and guilt, or their devious jealousy.

     "Why don't you get it? There's no fucking point in doing all of this!" Akio snapped. Nagisa had flinched backwards in surprise of the raised loud voice.

     "We're all outcasts. We're all amateurs. We all suck. So there's no fucking point in studying. And there's no fucking point trying to mess around with us, because we won't learn anything. Rather, we can't learn anything. We're all stupid as fuck. We're all way below the average level. So why can't you just fucking leave us alone!?!"