Chapter 8 - Water Fight

Nagisa was confused.

     Even though he had bluntly told his students to feel free to kill him, none of them had actually tried. It was almost a week, and Nagisa still haven't yet been chased out of the classroom by the students. In fact, it seemed like none of them even planned to kill him. No bloodlust. No tricky or haywire-planned ideas. Nagisa was fine with it, but he didn't like how his students gave up immediately.

     "Shiota-Sensei?"

Tomohiro had asked. "You've been restless for a while now. Is something bothering you?"

Sure, Nagisa was restless, but that didn't describe half of what Nagisa was feeling. He had trudged back and forth from the lengths of the classroom. The walls were still etched with scribbles of led and colorful spray paint, something that the students didn't bother cleaning. And sure enough, it bothered Nagisa endlessly. How could he not be bothered, though? It was his classroom, and it was being mistreated.

"Ah... it's nothing. Are you guys okay with your assignment?" Nagisa asked, changing the subject.

"Well..." Tomohiro gave his brother, Tomomi a grin. "I'm doing good, but I don't know about the others. It's difficult, but I'm totally getting the hang of simple words!"

"Ahh, that's great." Nagisa chuckled.

     R I N G   R I N G   R I N G

     The bell had rang, like water extinguishing fire. Surprise extinguishing exhaustion. Students had begun piling out of the classroom hurriedly, flooding the hallways like water leaking out of a broken dam. "Ahh... is nobody going to help me clean the classroom up?" Nagisa's words trailed as everyone ignored his words. "Okay... I'll do everything myself then." He squeaked helplessly as he sauntered out of the classroom for cleaning supplies.

     When he arrived back in his classroom, he found a certain redhead gazing out at the Sakura trees from the classroom window.

     "Karma?"

     "Nagisa?" Karma turned around to face the confused bluehead as he stepped inside the classroom. "What are you doing inside here?" Nagisa asked, plopping down a bucketful of water and a box full of bar soap, including other supplies for cleaning. "I thought that I might find a good Sakura tree spotting area, and I was right." Karma grinned. Nagisa warily chuckled at Karma's comment.

     "Umm... maybe later? I need to clean this place up." Nagisa smirked.

     "Why not leave it to the janitors and caretakers?" Karma questioned.

     "They won't do it. I asked them before, but they denied because they're not getting paid for it. Besides, doing something for others is much more fun than I expected." Nagisa responded, grabbing a sponge and plunging it straight into the bucket of water. After taking it out, he covered it with a bar soap, the chemicals rubbing onto the sponge like dish soap.

"I'll help." Karma said.

"You don't have to though," Nagisa frowned. "Nah. I feel obliged to." Karma replied.

"Then here," Nagisa tossed the redhead another separate sponge soaked up in water and bar soap. "Gah... Nagisa, you're lucky that I'm good enough to catch that awful throw..." Karma groaned. "Oh really?" Nagisa frowned, beginning to scrub the sponge on the wrecked graffiti on the walls. "Yes, 'oh really'." Karma mimicked Nagisa with raised eyebrows.

"Why don't you make your students do this instead? They're the ones who began it in the first place." Karma sighed.

"I think I've already gave you my answer," Nagisa chuckled, a bit of spray paint and led coming off of the walls.