Chapter 9 - Teacher's Bet

"Shiota-Sensei's a boy?" The rest of the class had gasped.

"You know, I'm starting to find that comment offensive." Nagisa had groaned.

"Our plan won't work then." Tomomi had sighed.

     "What plan?"

     "Gah, Shiota-Sensei! How did you know about our plan?" Tomohiro gasped. The students were all rounded up in a circle, positioned in the corner of the classroom. And Nagisa had snuck up on them in the midst of their conversation. "Oh, you mean the plan where you want me to meet up with the girls in the girls' washroom, then have them sneak up on me and threaten me to leave the school and forget my teacher's career for good? Yeah, that won't work. I don't plan on leaving." Nagisa had conversed.

     "Oh please, Naoko-san's glare can send anyone to silence. We planned on using her, but she can't enter the boys' washroom, and you can't enter the girls'. So basically it failed, since we just discovered that you're a boy." Tomomi had explained.

     "I'm surprised that you just noticed." Nagisa huffed.

     "So, are you guys just going to skip a good period of studying time or what?" Nagisa asked, hands on his hips.

"Fine..." The students had groaned, scurrying back to their seats. "Great." Nagisa had trudged back to the front of the classroom, taking a piece of chalk and beginning to write some work on the black board, which was also known as the chalk board. "Let's get started."

*****

     "What's our plan now?" Tomohiro had sighed.

     The rest of Class 3-5's students were grouped in a circle, their arms brushing each others' as they crouched down to the floor and pressed close against each other secretly. They had Akabane-Sensei distract Shiota-Sensei while they decided to come up with another plan inside the classroom with each other, but everything seemed hopeless for them.

     "I know this will probably sound... confusing, but..." Rikka had sat criss-crossed as she played with her tortilla brown silky hair. "I don't think chasing away Shiota-Sensei is a good idea."

     Many confusion began stirring up amongst the students. "What do you mean?" Tomomi had spat.

     "We all promised to chase out all the teachers until they finally give up, didn't we! So what makes you think bailing out on us is suddenly a good idea?" Tomomi frowned. Many students began to nod in unison, but a few didn't. Akio, Rikka, Izumi, and Reiji. It only confused the rest of the students as their conversation derailed on and on. "Listen here, Shiota-Sensei isn't bad. He actually doesn't care if we're Class 3-5. He thinks that Class 3-5 is... good." Akio had pressed on.

     "Pssh. That doesn't matter." Naoko had spat. "He's probably just some weird guy."

     "You guys don't understand Shiota-Sensei at all! He's caring. He's awesome. He's a great teacher to have! To push him away... is the greatest crime you can commit!" Izumi shouted, banging his fists on the ground.

     "But he doesn't care if we try to kill him. Isn't that a little... off-course? I mean, who offers their students a chance to kill them till the end of graduation?" Haruhi had sighed. "I do agree that's a bit... misunderstanding." Kana laughed. "See? The guy's probably got some issues with his brain. I don't want to stay in a classroom with some unordinary dude." The twins had snapped.