Chapter 5 - Akabane Sensei

"Did you hear?" Rikka asked. "It turns out that Class 3-1's teacher got sick of his students and left. Principal Asano was upset about it, but apparently he has a substitute teacher in mind."

     "Oh, that's great." Nagisa sighed. He was trying to search for a reliable way of giving out homework, but Rikka wouldn't leave him alone. In fact, she kept on dilly-dallying with him as if they were besties. Technically, they are, but at the same time, they aren't. "Hey, which guy do you like more? The one with red or the one with the white hair?" Rikka had her phone out and flashed it in front of Nagisa's eyes.

"Red one," Nagisa had said on instinct. "Ah ha! So you're more interested in red haired dudes, eh? You've got great taste! Hopefully, you'll find one that's a sadist. Those are the best ones that all otaku's over the world are craving for! But the white haired dudes are also going trendy nowadays... gah! I can't choose! They're all hot!" Rikka sighed, performing a twirl in the classroom dramatically.

"Rikka, shouldn't you put your phone away? You're in school." Nagisa suggested.

"But it's break time, and that doesn't break the rules. So no thanks." Rikka said casually, flipping through many saved screenshots of online dudes on her phone. "Say, Shiota-Sensei, are you interested in boys—"

Her question was thankfully interrupted by Akio, who had rushed inside of the room panting like a mad man. "Shiota-Sensei! I need your help!" He yelled. "No fair, Akio! I got here first, so obviously my question is to be answered first." Rikka had argued, hands on her hips while fuming with anger.

"Your question is probably useless either way. Mine is actually threatening for my future." Akio huffed.

"Oh really? Then let's hear it!" Rikka spat. And overall, Nagisa gave up on convincing his students to quiet down. "I...." Akio had a red face, stoked with embarrassment and blush. "It's fine, Akio-san. I don't have to hear it." Nagisa said, but Akio didn't give up. "No! It's important, so it'll eventually come out soon."

     "Let's hear it!" Rikka shouted.

     There was a moment of hesitation in the air, quiet enough for Nagisa to hear every last detail in vain. "I..."

     "I DON'T KNOW WHO TO CHOOSE!"

     "Huh?" Both Nagisa and Rikka tilted their heads in confusion simultaneously. "What do you mean by that?" At that moment, Akio appeared to almost have blown up by lack of breathing. "I... I don't know which girl to choose." Rikka had began laughing immensely at Akio's embarrassing statement, hugging her stomach frenziedly. "Oh my lord! So it's a girl problem, huh!" She laughed continuously, with howling laughter echoing throughout the hallway.

     "Huh? It's not just a girl problem! I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings." Akio had shyly scratched the back of his head sensitively. "Um... I don't really have a solution to your problem, Akio-san, but shouldn't you just follow your... heart?" Nagisa questioned anxiously.

     "You're absolutely correct, Shiota-Sensei! I shall follow your suggestions!" Akio had yelled and then ran out, leaving a short amount of impression to stun Nagisa and Rikka. "Thank goodness I'm a girl, so I don't have the same sentiments as him." Rikka announced proudly. "I don't think your gender has anything to do with this..."

"Oh yeah! What question was I about to ask you again?" Rikka mumbled to herself.

"I have... absolutely no idea!" Nagisa exclaimed sarcastically. In fact, he kept it to himself, but he really didn't want Rikka to ask him that earlier question she had in mind. Not only would his answer be embarrassing, but it'd probably ruin his social status forever throughout life.