Chapter 22 - Shy Sadist

Karma did not respond. In fact, he was probably undergoing a momentary crisis.

Thoughts swirled around in his mind, skyrocketing to unbelievable heights. He couldn't really control the colour of his face, as it burned a colour of scorching red. His cheeks were set on fire, aflame throughout the day as it was completely revealed to Nagisa's curious eyes. "Karma, you alright?" Nagisa warily asked.

Karma's breath hitched. It was his goal to make the date as great as possible!

"Of course I'm fine." Karma smiled, his red complexion paling back to its colour. "Thanks for asking."

"You're very welcome." Nagisa smiled back, revealing his white congealed teeth that were nicely shaped. "Where are we going today?"

"It's a secret." Karma held a finger to his lips.

Nagisa's heart rose with anticipation as he nodded eagerly, "Then I suppose I'll wait."

     The ride in the car was smooth and relaxing. Outside was sunny and warm, with the sunlight bathing on passenger's skins, emanating its warmth on whatever it set its sights on. The breeze tousled the leaves, throwing them in the air to dance with the wisps of the wind and perform within the spotlight of the sun. Slowly, the scenery outside garnered to become gradually more peaceful.

     The energetic children that slid down the slides at playgrounds had transcended to calm ones that flung pebbles across the surface of a lake. Water ripples formed, bewitching the children who never dreamt of their own euphoria.

     Nagisa chuckled when he found the sight of children drawing with a stick against the soaked sand.

     The children seemed harmonized and indulged in their drawing, unwilling to let a single attribute disturb themselves. Such ambition really softened Nagisa's heart.

     Looking past them was a humongous tree. It twirled and showed off its branches, which extended out to purposely feel around the welcoming atmosphere. Nagisa's smile widened.

     However, Karma felt the opposite.

     Regardless of seeing his Nagisa happy, his heart felt stuffy when he realized that they were on a date, but they've barely interacted! Thinking about that made Karma panic. The hands around the steering wheel tightened as he clenched his teeth. Think of something! Think of something! Karma forced his mind to think while the car swerved nonchalantly. The drive was smooth and steady.

     Nagisa's attention perked up when he suddenly blurted out, "Karma!"

     "Huh? Uh, yes, what?" Karma was almost frightened into tossing the steering wheel out of his hands.

     "Nothing." Nagisa innocently smiled, "just wanted to hear your voice for a sec."

     Karma's heart warmed as he tossed away the thought of almost getting into a car crash. "Is that so." He mumbled.

     "Mhm." Nagisa answered confidently.

     Karma suppressed the tension placating his heart as he stiffened up, focusing more on the road. "Then from now on, I'll keep on talking until you get bored of me and fall asleep."

     Nagisa's loving gaze had only softened more as he sighed, "if you do that, you won't get to talk much. Only when I hear Karma's voice will I feel comfortable enough to fall asleep."

     "...Really?"

     Nagisa rested the side of his head on the window, "really."

     "Then let's see how long you'll last. Starting now."