Chapter 13 - Restaurant Visit

"Shiota-Sensei, do you like food?"

     Tomohiro had a cheerful look on his face, identical to his twin brother, Tomomi. Nagisa frowned at them. They were the Higuchi twins, and were the life of the class. The seventh and eighth students on his Class 3-5 attendance list. And sometimes, they annoyed the hell out of Nagisa.

     "Can we please get back to topic?" Nagisa nudged over to the worksheets on the two twins' desks.

     "Poops. You're no fun." Tomohiro cackled. His brother, Tomomi had giggled too.

     R i n g   R i n g   R i n g

     The bell had rung, signalling the end of the day. Nagisa had slumped in his teacher's chair, facing upwards to the ceiling. "Today was a good day, I guess." He mumbled to himself as he continuously stared up at the ceiling. Instead, two pairs of the same curious cerulean blue eyes faced at him. It gave him quite a scare, as if his heart had jumped out of his throat and fell back down at his chest.

"Tomohiro and Tomomi? How may I help you two?" Nagisa immediately got up from his slumped phase, sitting up on his teacher's chair. He nervously studied the two twins.

They both had the same cerulean blue eyes and the same messed aloof golden blond hair, with their bangs swiping down to cover a side of their forehead.

"Can Shiota-Sensei critique our restaurant?" Tomohiro piped up.

"You two own a restaurant?" Nagisa blinked. "Well, not us. Our family does though. We just sometimes help out." Tomomi chirped with a thorough explanation. "I mean, I'll try if you want me to." Nagisa brushed some leftover dust off his pants as he stood up from his desk.

"Yes!" Tomohiro and Tomomi celebrated with a fist bump.

Shortly after Nagisa shoved on Karma's borrowed jacket, with a small tinge of blush coating his cheeks as he put it on, the three 'friends-but-not-really' had exited the school. But they certainly did not notice a teacher standing by the outer gate, fixating their golden predator-like eyes on the three preys.

     "It's not far, so no worries. The shop is just around here." Tomohiro sighed.

     "Yeah. But the food is really disappointing without us helping out." Tomomi added. "But our parents are too stubborn to figure out the truth, so we want you to persuade them to change the recipe or something."

     Nagisa bit back a chuckle. They reminded him of his third year of Junior high's classmate, Takuya.

     "Ah! We're here!" Tomohiro gasped, halting to a stop along with his twin brother at the store of a restaurant. A red ravishing curtain covered the front entrance in a traditional style, with a black pattern sewed on the smooth fabric. "It looks nice..." A sweet smell of sauce stung at the back of Nagisa's nose as he examined the outer layer. "Yeah, but inside is horrific." Tomomi groaned as he and his twin stepped in, with the sound of a hard wooden floor against the back of their shoes.

     "Then... I'll go in." Nagisa squeaked hesitantly, stepping inside.

     Inside was completing different than the description Tomomi had said. It wasn't horrific at all. Instead, it was perfectly squeaky clean with the corners all swept of dust. The wooden tables and chairs were placed neatly on the hard oak wood floor, with equivalent spaces separating the furniture.

     A warm scent of corn soup swept Nagisa off his feet as he was dragged onto a chair with a rubber cushion by the twins. "Mom! Dad! We're home!" The twins had chorused as they hurriedly grabbed a menu from the counter top and shoved it into Nagisa's face with no pause.