Chapt 18: Separate Destinations pt.2

Bouta milk the shit out of the depression arc rn lmfao

-

-Earlier that night

Hughes' Pov

"The Liore Insurgency?"

I read over the report submitted by the Elric Brothers and Y/n.It read of a religion.

"Yes, where that new religion 'Letoism' or whatever was suckering the people. Sounds like it's finally under control."

"Ah..Between ishval and these insurgencies the eastern area is having a rough time of it, huh?"

"It;'s not just the eastern area. There are uprisings and border skirmishes in the north and west, too"

"Bodies are piling up all over, are they? The government might just be overthrown before too long."

I got up from my seat and headed for the door for some more through investigation.

"Colonel. Where are you going?"

"I'm running over to the archive room."

I got a hold of a spare map of maestros. Circling each city that had blood spilled. First was Liore, Ishval, the Uprisings all over... The Philosipher's Stone.. Ingredients are Humans, with all these bodies piling up it wouldn't be surprising to see one be made soon. Still it doesn't make sense..Until it all Clicked together

"Hey, now, who came up with this?.. I have to tell the Fuhrer, quickly.."

The door was shut closed. I could see a woman from the corner of my eye.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Lt. Colonel Hughes. Or perhaps I should say, 'Farewell'. "

There was a sharp noise pierce the room. I could only see some sharp claws from her hands. I backed away from her with every step she took. I couldn't help but notice the Oruborus tattoo. This must've been the women from the Fifth Laboratory..

"Cool tattoo you've got there."

"You've learned too much, Lt. Colonel Hughes."

She raised her hand, right when she strikes, I threw a push Knife. I opened the door once I was able to. She hit a nerve. I stumbled to the phones.

"Oh my, Lt. Colonel Hughes. Here to call and brag about your family some more— Colonel, You're bleeding!"

"It's nothing! I need the phone! The Prefectural Office.."

The Fuhrers words came to me as soon as I was going to contact Mustang. 'Consider the military to be the enemy'. There's a greater power in the military. I can't contact Mustang through the phones. I put the phone down. And apologized to the round woman. I walked out of the building to Central Park. The Military wouldn't be able to listen to public phone calls.

"Put me through to Colonel Roy Mustang.."

"We have a rule against contacting anyone from an outside line."

"This is Lt. Colonel Hughes, In Central! I'm calling from outside because it's an emergency!"

"Your code, please"

"Ah, geez, one moment please. Uncle, Sugar, Oliver, eight, zero, zero!"

"One moment please."

"Hurry it up! The Military is in Trouble!"

I heard footsteps from behind and a gun being loaded. I felt the cold gun behind my head. I heard a stern familiar voice come from behind,

"Would you mind putting the receiver down, Lt. Colonel?"