Chapter 2. Dog of the Military

Second Person

       You remember that moment with great solemn. You found that the man who had no mercy had been no other than Roy Mustang. He was one you heard many times from your dad, to be a great hero from Central. You remember how he sat there with pure shame yet, no matter how much you asked why he did such an unforgivable thing, he would not speak. He gave you a  hotel a few days later and were 'assigned' to rest. After a week of so he finally faced you; wanting to break the ice between you and him.

        "Colonel Roy Mustang. I'm here to see you (Y/N) (L/N)." He said while knocking on the door. 

       You grunted in response yet he somehow found that as a yes. He walked over to you yet this time he wasn't in his uniform. He was in regular casual clothes. A white V-neck T-shirt and some casual sweatpants. Someone approached behind you with another blue uniform however. 

       "(Y/N), I'm going to tell you what happened at your house this following week." He look anxious you could tell this wasn't his regular persona. "There was a man we have been looking for after he killed one of our former colleagues in Ishval. It happened to be that your kind parents though nothing of it and let him in their house when he asked for shelter." 

       You stood there trying to percept what he had just said.

       "So why does this man have to do with why you murdered my parents?..."

      "Two of my men had been ordered to kill him no matter the cost, and well... you parents got in front of him when we were ordered to shoot."

       You could tell he was hiding more then he was letting off. Your mother was burned. Roy, Colonel Roy specializes in that makeshift. 

       "Ok Colonel, if that is what happened why was she so burnt?" 

       Roy hesitated but then spoke. "They didn't get out of the way when shot...and I came into the picture."

       You knew he felt awful for this but you still couldn't shake it off of you. 

       Roy's P.O.V FLASHBACK 

       I felt awful for what I did. I had gunpoint on my chin as I felt a wave of guilt. I had seen rings on their fingers and a picture on the table next to the scene. 'They had a daughter' I saw alchemy books on there as well however...

       "Roy! Save it!"

       My colleague Hughes and closest friend grab the gun out of my gloved hand and thrusted it onto the floor.

       END 

       Your P.O.V

        You saw the guilt fall down onto his face as you saw how much he actually was in pain for orphaning a child. You were too kind, you walked over to him and smiled.  He looked up in shock to the fact that you had forgiven him for his atoned actions.

       "Well there er..." you saw a man with green-black hair and glasses stare at you as if waiting for something.

       "(Y/N)" Roy said with a slight smile; looking at the man

       "Ah yes! (Y/N), we have decided that it would be rude not to help you in this moment so, you'll be staying with me and my wife at our house!" You saw him grin widely in a child like way. "My wife is just the best thing! Your gonna love her, she makes these great pies! Oh, and you can't forget her smile, that's great too!"

       You cringed at him as he went on and on about his wife

       "And we're planning on having a baby in a few years! We're gonna name her Elicia!"

       "Back to the point Lt. Hughes" Roy said, clearly agitated.

       You smiled a bit at this feeling the same warmth from earlier when you were still in town with your friend. Roy noticed this to which he could sigh with relief.

       "Oh yeah sorry! While your here in Central we decided it would be good for you to learn to become a State Alchemist! With your discretion of course."

       You paused then spoke monotone like. You knew the status on state alchemists but it was the only choice you had. And maybe you'd meet even more people to make you feel at home.

       "Well, looks like I'm going to be another dog of the military huh?"

       "Then it's a yes..." Roy spoke his smile fading somewhat as he walked over to Hughes who was still in uniform. He grabbed the other blue and gold decorating article and handed it to you. 

       "There's no need for us to teach you alchemy. We know you've studied it enough"

       You thought they'd never find that out that you'd been practicing what you knew from your house. But that was unavoidable as they saw the tarp on the hotel wall covering the scorched ceiling.

       "You'll take your test in about a month and your moving in with Gracia and Hughes this week... good luck"

       "Yeah, good luck..." you repeated to yourself as you slipped into a deep sleep on the couch.

A/N 

So this is going to be the last short chapter! Ed is going to be introduced with Al in the next one too! Hope you guys enjoy and I'll be updating again later today around 3 or 10 p.m PT! \ (•◡•) /