Chapter 3. Monotone

Lol get the YLIA ref.

Present Day Age: 17 ~~~~~~~~~

      I finished buttoning my uniform and grabbed my identification watch off of the counter.

        "By Hughes, Gracia! I'm going out for patrol!"

        "Alright we'll see you later." Gracia said with a bright smile.

         I definitely enjoy my life in central. Gracia and Hughes are...interesting. They are kind and generous yet they have a very odd side of them. Hughes and Gracia are always complimenting and talking about each other to me. I mean, I live with them you'd think I'd know everything about them. But all the same it's great here. 

       But....I still can't see it...

       People say when you are at your best; your life is everything you ever wanted, or at least as much as you could have, you can see everything so clearly. Everything appears in such vast colors and you feel like your in the moment with all your soul. I'm still waiting for that. I wonder if it will ever come.

Second Person

       "Who are you calling Ultra Pipsqueak that is to small to see!?" You heard someone call out in the market. 

        You walked over to the voice to see a blonde with a red cloak getting held back by someone in a huge suit of armor. 

       "Brother calm down he didn't even call you that."

       "Al let me down so I can show him what a short person can do!"

       You stand near the boy and see the watch on his side. You remember Hughes saying something about a short boy that passed the test with flying colors. All of a sudden the boy calms down and looks toward you with a confused look on his face. 

       "Brother look!"

       You were very confused on what the boy in armor was saying as he was pointing to you. 

       "Hey Al your right I guess I'm not too short!" 

       "No brother your still short...it's just she's shorter."

       An irk marked appeared on your forehead as he said this and you transmutated a wooden yard stick out of the planks of the shop next to you. 

       "I am not that shor-" 

       You saw the meter stick read: 4' 9" (Sorry if your not that short just go with it ╚(ಠ_ಠ)=)

       You saw that he was a whole 3 inches taller than you. He tried to hold in his laughter. Then his brother got his attention again. 

       "Brother look at her watch. Doesn't mean your a state alchemist miss?"

       "Yes I am," you said still agitated "As I see I'm one rank above you."

       Ed looked at his watch and read 'Major State Alchemist'

       "Wait! That makes you a lieutenant colonel! Someone your age shouldn't even be a State Alchemist."

       "How old do you think I am" you now looked at him the same way Roy does when he's annoyed at Hughes. 

       "Hmmm... I'd say 14!"

       "I'm 17 you idiot! You should know not to judge someone on height I mean look at yourself!" 

       "Yeah I guess so huh?" He half smiled and half still looked worried.

       His smile looked so warm and genuine

       This shocked you and you slowly calmed down. 

       "Well then I guess we should get back to Hughes" The boy said slightly sighing. 

       "Hughes? You can just wait for him at his house, I live there after all"

       'Why did I say that! Why would I invite him it's not like I have even the slightest respect for him either!'

        "You live there? He never mentioned you. Or maybe he does talk about you a lot... Are you (Y/N)?"

       "Ha, I never knew he talked about me so much about me. By the what's your name, I already know your brother's"

"Ed! Edward Elric!"

       Ed's P.O.V

      Hughes had told me so much about her. After I saw her watch I knew who she was. The short Alchemist around my age...(Y/N) (L/N) Hughes said I'd get along with her despite our clashing personalities. She said she was quite quiet but kind while I'm quite extroverted and blunt. I changed my attitude to complete calmness. I admired her features she had perfect proportions and a beautiful face. I smiled slightly.

       "And by the way, what's your name. I already know your brothers."

       I wanted to be as friendly as possible. I didn't want to agitate her even more.

       "Ed! Edward Elric!"

       "Oh so your the Fullmetal Alchemist eh?"

       "Finally someone got it right. They always mistake me for my brother." 

        She laughed slightly and ushered us to come into the house we'd been walking to. 

        "(Y/N)! I see you've found Ed! I was actually going to get him earlier. Hehe seems like you getting along too" Hughes looked at me with a smirk as I realized how close to her her I'd been walking. 

       My face got red but I hid it as a exclaimed. 

       "Hughes it's a pretty small hallway!"

       "You're both pretty small so it should have been easy to get through the hallway! Even with Al!" 

I turned to see (Y/N). She had a slight red face but I think it was just from the long walk. She didn't seem anxious or anything

      "Ed...Al, you guys can stay here for the night! I'm going on a date with Gracia!" 

       I saw him smirk slightly as he walked out of the door. I just sighed and found my way to the couch with Al and (Y/N). 

      I sat down and began reading different novels with hints to the philosophers stone. I turn the page pretty loudly as I slam the cover of the book down. It's been a while anyway.

       "Brother, be quite I think (Y/N) fell asleep."

      I glance over at her and look at Al. I walkover to her and pick her up bridal style into my arms. Slowly, I walk over to the room next to mine and set her down on the bed. 

       "Shh! He's going to see us!"

       Hughes was watching the whole thing. Him and Gracia were standing by the door and quickly opened it before running out.

       "Me and Gracia have a date to get to!"

       He never left huh?