31

Eve paid and thanked the taxi driver and got out of the vehicle. She walked up the stairs while being basked in the warm golden light from inside the lobby. Upon pushing the doors open she immidiately caught Stefani's gaze on her right side, she was standing by the elevator dressed in all black and her hair up in a bun, with not even a smudge of makeup on her face. She looked refreshing.

"Hi there.." Eve said softly as she walked up to her, receiving a soft yet tired smile. Eve continued "So i came past a not so busy looking cafe and a quiet park, care to go there?" "Sounds amazing.." Stefani responded and slowly passed me, rubbing her hand over my left shoulder to make me turn. We walked out and took a left, passing all the closed stores, following the old & rusty streetlights. "How was the show?" Eve said suddenly and looked in Stefani's direction. "Good," Stefani smiled and looked down. "Really good actually, i think this was the best show, physically speaking. I keep being reminded how hard touring is on my body." She said with a chuckle, returning her gaze to me. "I can imagine.. you're doing the most though, i've never been to a show so spectacular and big, yet so heartwarming and personal. You really make a connection with your fans as if they're life long friends..." Eve stopped walked as they arrived at the cafe. "You think?" Stefani said, cracking a half smile, turning her body to stand in front of Eve. "I really do.. no wonder why i-..they love you so much."

Eve quickly corrected herself and looked inside the cafe, reaching for the door handle and pulling it. "After you!" Eve quickly added. Stefani raised her brow and shook her head slightly, giggling. "Thanks." She brushed her hand along her arm again as she entered. Eve remained by the door before stepping in herself, feeling stupid for slipping.

Both Stefani and Eve placed their orders, with a cupcake to go. Once they got their warm drinks and the baggy with the snack, they exited the cafe. They made their way to the park, luckily there weren't many people there either. They found a bench by the lake and sat down. Stefani took a deep breath and sighed, closing her eyes. Eve took a sip and looked over. "Are you alright?" "Yes, yes i'm alright. It's just.. its so quiet." Stefani said softly, almost whispering, looking over the lake. "You'd think i could get some peace an quiet whenever i'd want to, but that's sadly not reality, not when im touring at least." She said before sipping her coffee. "..And i'm not looking for pity," Stefani chuckled and looked at Eve. "Just...thank you for taking me here.." She said smiling and placed her hand on Eve's arm. Eve sighed softly and smiled. "Thanks for letting me." Eve said and rubbed her hand that was on her schoulder.