33

Eve pulled back again once the last thought raced through her mind and smiled, letting her go. "It's getting cold.. w..would you want to seek a warmer place?" Eve said and let her hand rest in her lap. Stefani took a moment to recollect too and fiddled with the straw of her coffee cup. "I was just thinking the same thing." She said and got up, extending her hand to Eve. "let's go."

They walked down the with, back to where they entered the park, hands gently intertwined as they sipped the last off their coffee with the other hand.

"So where to?" Eve asked as she looked up from the pavement rolling away below her feet. "I figured we could warm up at the hotel, it's pretty peacefully but.. I'd understand if you wanted to go back to your friend." Stefani said, meeting Eve's gaze and squeezed her hand softly. "I..I'd love to coming with you, she's asleep anyway.." Eve responded before hearing a couple far away snaps, feeling Stefani's pace quicken. Before she knew it they walked into the warm hotel lobby.

Stefani led Eve to the elevator, up to the 4th floor. She made a shushing sound towards Eve as they walked down the hall before stopping halfway as Stefani pulled out het keycard. She opened the door and watched Eve walk in. A sigh and a chuckle followed the sound of the door falling into the lock. "We survived." Stefani said at normal volume again, taking her coat off as she walked towards Eve, who was looking around in awe of the hotel suite. Stefani softly bumped into her shoulder and smiled. "I know.. wine?"