27

"Do you think she'll really come?" Kiera said as she leant closer, hiding her smirk behind her cup. Eve was looking around with every car that passed. "I...don't know." She said, nervously fiddling with her fingers. "Why don't you text her to see-" "Are you nuts? of course im not gonna double text, it has only been 10 minutes, what if she thinks I'm just a crazy fan?" Eve cut her off as she sat back wih a sigh and took a sip of her coffee.

Another 15 minutes passed and Eve was giving up hope but didn't blame her for not showing up. "She has more important things to do." she said when suddenly a black suv parked just across the street and out came her. Eve had to take a second look to recognise her face, framed by a black wide brim hat and the big dark glasses. she returned her eyes down to the menu that was layong on the table and gave Kiera a gentle kick against her foot to make her stop staring.

The heel clicks came closer before they both looked up and Stefani was standing right in front of them. "Ah I was affraid I had missed you guys.." she said and opened her arms for a hug. Eve got up and embraced her. "We're not going anywhere, trust me.." she chuckled as their eyes lingered for a second before Stefani went along to give Kiera a gentle embrace too before pulling a chair from another table tot heirs to sit on. "It feels great to sit down for a moment, I've been running ever since I've got off that damned stage." Stefani chuckled as she grabbed the menu to see what she'd get. "But enough about me, how are you guys?" she said as she put the menu down and smiled at them.

Eve looked at Kiera for a second. "We've been great.." "Yeah, I dont know how we're doing so well after downing two bottles of wine.." Kiera added and Eve pursed her lip. "Did you really have to add that right now?" Stefani scoffed. "Dont worry, had a glass of pinot grigio myself this morning, before breakfast, so embarrassing.." she said and patted Eve's arm gently before the waiter came to take Stefani's order.

They must've spend an hour just enjoying each others company which Kiera constantly putting Eve on the spot by telling semi embarrassing stories about events that happend on their way to London but Stefani seemed to enjoy them. "Hey could one of you snap a quick picture? it's for instagram.." Stefani asked as Kiera nodded at Eve who already had her phone out. "Surely.." she said as she opened the camera and pulled it out, she gave Stefani a second before taking the picture, turning her phone to show Stefani. "Ahw lovely, thank you.. if you could text me that it would be awesome!" "Of course, i will-" Eve got cut off by Stefani's phone ringing. She took the call as her smile faded a bit as she finished the last of her coffee.

Stefani put her phone downa nd gave them a small but warm smile. "It was so nice to meet you guys here but my manager just called and told me we have to leave early and prep.." she said as she grabbed her bag and started to get up. "Oh that's ot a problem, I'm so glad you came.." Eve said as Kiera and her got up too, before receiving a big tight hug from Stefani which she returned. "Make sure to send the picture through.." Stefani said softly as she slowly pulled away before actually letting her go and putting her bag on her shoulder. "I will.." Eve said with an automatic wink, Stefani's grin widend before returning the wink, turning and walking away, back to the suv her manager had send to pick her up.