32

Eve took a sip of her coffee and looked out over the glimmering water, refractions of the moonlight scattered across the surface, feeling Stefani's hand still lingering on her shoulder.

"I really hope this isn't going to be the last time we meet.." Stefani suddenly said, making Eve turn her head to look her way. "Just got one show left before we're off to the rest of Europe.." she said sadly with a soft sigh breaking off the last words of her sentence. "I know, i've had so much fun lately.." Eve said with a soft smile that seemed to pick up Stefani's head. "Even just sitting with you like this, it's like I'm recharging. Don't get me wrong, my crew and friends are great but... There's just something...something about your presence." Stefani pushed through her sentence as her hand slid more to the back of your neck. "Something.." she whispered leaning in ever so slightly. Eve felt her fingertips trailing on her skin, a cold sensation making her shiver.

The moment Stefani's soft Lips pressed against Eve's could only be described as a great epiphany, a hidden craving finally being satisfied. Eve's hand carefully cupped Stefani's cheek before they slowly parted. The air of a soft chuckle leaving Stefani's lips warmed Eve's face, making her blush. "God, that's.." "I..i know.." Stefani cut her off, giggling still. Eve smiled as the tip of their noses gently touched, caressing her cheekbone with her thumb before pulling her back in for a kiss just as soft.

Eve felt like she was floating, viewing the situation from outside her perspective. Was this the right thing to do? Is this what she really wanted? Or.. was she just lonely?