𝕱𝖊𝖊𝖑𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘......

Avneets pov

I took out my diary and began writing.

Dear dairy,

Tu safar mera
Hai tu hi meri manzil
Tere bina guzara
Ae dil hai mushkil

We broke up for a reason and it was definitely for the best. We weren't meant to be together and I don't want you back in any way. There's just one problem: despite how hard I've worked to move on and how much I wish it wasn't so, I still love you.

Tu mera khuda
Tu hi duaa mein shaamil
Tere bina guzara
Ae dil hai mushkil.

No matter how bad you were to me, for some reason that hasn't stopped me from loving you. I wish that all the bad could make me forget the good but it hasn't. Luckily, I'm smart enough to know that just because I haven't stopped loving you, that doesn't mean I should go back to you. I don't care how much I love you - it doesn't make up for the fact that you don't know how to treat me right.

Mujhe aazmaati hai teri kami
Meri har kami ko hai tu laazmi
Junoon hai mera
Banoon main tere qaabil
Tere bina guzaara
Ae Dil Hai Mushkil

You said that you would love me forever. You promised that you would never hurt me. The worst part is every time you made those forever kind of promises, I actually believed you. I feel like a fool and I should hate you for breaking every promise you made, but at the end of the day, I'm still really in love.

Yeh rooh bhi meri
Yeh jism bhi mera
Utna mera nahi
Jitna hua tera

I want to move on - I just wish I could stop loving you first. No man is going to want to date a girl who still has feelings for her ex. Guys don't want to put up with that kind of baggage and I don't blame them. I'm ready for you to exit my heart. Unfortunately, I just don't know how to make myself fall out of love with you. If I'm still in love, is it even possible for me to put you behind me?

Tune diya hai jo
Woh dard hi sahi
Tujhse mila hai toh
Inaam hai mera

I've never experienced heartbreak like that before. You turned my whole world upside down and it took me a long time to figure out how to set things right again. I'm getting my life back on track, but there's one step I can't seem to take-removing you from the place you hold in my heart. You broke me, but even when I put the pieces back together, you were still there.

Mera aasmaan dhoondhe teri zameen
Meri har kami ko hai tu laazmi

Zameen pe na sahi
Toh aasmaan mein aa mil
Tere bina guzara
Ae dil hai mushkil

I don't know how to do that, though. We dreamed up a future together and I can't seem to forget all the plans we made. I can't seem to get you out of my head or out of my dreams. I wanted to marry you, have your children, spend our lives happily ever after, and finally grow old together. I want to forget the future we imagined, but I just can't seem to let go of it.

Maana ki teri maujoodgi se
Ye zindagani mehroom hai
Jeene ka koi dooja tareeka
Na mere dil ko maaloom hai.

I hate the man you are now, but that doesn't make me forget who you were. I wish I could erase the boy I fell in love with from my head but I can't. You were such a big part of my life and I don't know how to let those memories go. I don't want to love you anymore, but I can't help but love the boy you once were.

Pov ends

(A/N- Apologies for the complicated part, but I was just venting my emotions. Thank you.)

She hasn't spoken to Anushka or Jannat since the incident. She used the excuse that she needed the space if they wanted to come over. They gave up after two or three attempts. Avneet found that when two people split apart, the others around them endure as well.

She eventually agreed to invite them over today, and she sent a message to Anushka and Jannat, instructing them to arrive at her house by 7 p.m.

She heard a doorbell around 7 p.m. She went in there and greeted them with a forced smile since she didn't want her family to see it. They hugged avneet as quickly after they came in the room.

She began to weep. She had no idea she had been craving this for so long. She now regrets ignoring them because they were genuinely able to stand by her side at all times.

Tujhko main kitni
Shiddat se chaahun
Chaahe toh rehna tu be-khabar
Mohtaaj manzil ka toh nahi hai
Ye ek tarfa mera safar, safar
Khoobsurat hai manzil se bhi
Meri har kami ko hai tu laazmi

"Dude, you can weep all you want; we'll lend you our shoulders to cry on, just assure us you won't be crying for the same cause twice." Jannat whispered it.

"No, it's not real. Come to a halt. Don't utter this phrase again. This is a line on which I no longer believe. Siddharth used to say something similar, and now look at him." Avneet responded with a new round of sobbing.

Adhura hoke bhi
Hai ishq mera kaamil
Tere bina guzara
Ae dil hai mushkil.

Flashback (I'm going to have lots of flashbacks on the way)

Avneet was crying in the washroom when Siddharth arrived at her door. "Avneet, please open the door; are you all right?" He interrogates her. Avneet cried, "Just go down, leave me alone!"

"No, I'm not going anywhere anytime soon." He got near the door "Are you going to open the door or should I break it down?" He kept on going. When Avneet opened the door, her face was flushed from crying, and her eyeliner was smeared all over her face. Her eyes are still flushed.

Siddharth wrapped her in an embrace as soon as he saw her. She began to weep once more.
"Can you tell me why you're crying?" He inquired calmly.

"Reflecting upon the sweet sour memories of life so far tends to leave the women folk with dewy eyes. They are good at remembering the utter happiness or the extreme despondency of the moments passed by. It may lead to a sunshine smile on their face or leave a trail of tears running down the cheeks." She explained him with a sad smile still in the hug.

"Babe, cry all you want; I'll spare you my shoulder to cry on, but promise me you won't cry for the same cause again," he said as he rubbed her back. She said to him, "Pinky promise."

Flashback ends.