VII

10 pm- BLACK PIRATES BASE

Silver wasn't the best at hand combat, especially if it didn't involve him using his powers. That's something that Sonic, Scourge, and everyone else knew well.

Most of the time, he would feel overwhelmed but excited. Losing was the part that made Silver feel anxious through the roof.

For the past hour, they sparred and it was obvious who was the winner for hand combat; Scourge taking pride with 1st.

Sonic coming in second place as Silver coming into 3rd place.

Next, they did the shooting range and Scourge beat Sonic at target shooting. Sonic said he went easy earning a playful shove from Scourge.

Silver wasn't bad at shooting but he preferred not using guns. Guns have done more harm than good in his mysterious yet horrendous past.

Finally, it was time to try out the specialty training.

Rouge sectioned them off so there wouldn't be any confusion. Scourge wanted to test Silver and his powers but Rouge offered that Sonic should spar with Silver.

They all agreed. This is what Silver has been waiting for all night. He may not be the best at shooting and hand combat like Scourge, And sonic, but he knew his powers overlaps both of them.

Silver grinned and walked onto the platform. Sonic following behind him. They both get into their positions.

Silver stared at Sonic while he gave his signature smirk "You ready?" Silver questioned

"Always," Sonic said as Scourge counted down

"3. 2. 1, and begin!" Rouge and Scourge said at the same time.

Sonic used his speed and spin dashed towards Silver. Silver swiftly dodged his attack levitating above him.

Silver used his telekinesis to lift objects, heavy objects flying towards Sonic.

Sonic used his speed and avoided every object thrown his way "Is that all you got, Silver?" Sonic grinned as he ran towards Silver

Silver smirked "No, you haven't seen anything yet."

The white hedgehog made objects levitate around as a shield, keeping the blue blur as offence.

Sonic was winning and had the upper hand. Scourge was cheering on Sonic and Rouge cheering on Silver "You can do it, Silver!"

Silver was pinned on the ground by Sonic.

Rouge was screaming his name while cheering which made him grin "Sorry speed demon."

The pride Silver felt was beyond him, including everyone else around him. The encouragement gave him a boost and his ego in a feral way.

Sonic looked confused "Sorry? About what?"

A turquoise aura consumed both of them which made Sonic gulp.

"For this"

Sonic felt a grasp around his sides and saw the floor get smaller and smaller. His stomach stormed with butterflies that didn't feel pleasant. The grip feeling was gone and realized he was falling instantly.

Sonic hit the floor and groaned in pain "ugh, that hurt a lot."

Sonic realized he was in the air and tried to squirm but no luck.

"Do you yield?" Silver asked as he brought Sonic closer to him

"No, he fucking doesn't! Sonic, don't you dare give up! I bet 20$ on you." Scourge yelled at Sonic

Sonic looked to Scourge and smirked "And that's all I needed to hear." Sonic got out of Silver's grasp and spin dashed at Silver.

It went back and forth but when one of them appeared to be losing, then the other would get the upper hand.

Sonic was standing in front of Silver and they both looked tired; panting while looking eye to eye.

Sonic was holding his side and slowly exhaled "I yield."

Rouge and Scourge's eyes widen and Rouge cheered while Scourge scowled at Sonic.

"Okay, I'm tired. Someone else can fight Silver if they want." Sonic jumped off the arena and Rouge patted him on the back

"Good job, Blue! You had me running for my money." Rouge smirked

"Who's quarrelling with Silver?" Sonic took a sip of the water bottle Rouge gave him

"Scourge will be." Rouge said as she turned to Sonic "20$ that Scourge will win."

Sonic wiped the sweat off of the back of his neck with a small towel "I say Silver will win. Look at the objects around us. He could use anything in this room."

"But he looks exhausted." Rouge crossed her arms as she watched Scourge get into a fighting stance, Sonic grinned once he saw Silver get into a defensive position.

"Silver isn't like Scourge and me. He's very determined and very stubborn. He's the only person I know who doesn't give up no matter what." Sonic turned to Rouge

Rouge gave him a small smile "You're a good person Sonic. You always look out for others, but..."

"But?"

Rouge looked towards Scourge and Silver "you don't look out for yourself."

Sonic's left ear twitched.

Rouge noticed that his ear twitches when he's angry, confused, or shocked.

"I don't know what you mean." Sonic watched Silver dodge Scourge's attack

"She knows about your mental state, Sonic." a powerful but soothing voice echoed in Sonic's head

"Shut up," Sonic whispered; feeling his eyes narrow

"What was that hun?" Rouge turned to Sonic

Sonic realized he was talking out loud and quietly scolded himself

"Nothing. Just thinking." Sonic gave Rouge a reassuring smile

Rouge returned the smile but while she turned away her smile turned into a small frown.

Rouge knows something is up with Sonic but doesn't want to question him. She'll wait till Sonic opens up to her, but how long will she have to wait?

An: HELLO! Sorry about the short chapter! I was writing this chapter during the summer and stopped writing it since I didn't like the way it was formatted. The next chapter will be longer since the word count is above 3500 at the moment. Have a good night lovelies❤️