Sixteen

Ashlee's POV

(A week later)
We have been home with Daisy for about a week now and we seem to be adjusting pretty well. We are still trying t get used to the not sleeping as much thing but it is totally worth it. Right now. I'm sitting in the living room with Daisy giving her her morning bottle when I hear footsteps coming down the stairs. Luke comes and stands in front of me, looking like a kid in the candy store. "Good morning handsome." I tell him with a smile. "Good morning baby. Is she almost done?" He asks with his famous smirk. "Almost. I promise that you can have her as soon as she's done." I tell him with a giggle. When she finally finishes her bottle, I pass her over to Luke so he can get his morning cuddles in.

I just got Daisy down for a nap and now I have to get on a call with Kerri and figure out a time for me to get back on the road.  I know that Daisy is only a week old but I want to make sure that I am prepared and fully ready to come back when it is time for me to get back on stage. "So how soon are you wanting to come back Ash?" Kerri asks me. "I don't want to come back too soon but I don't want to wait forever either. I don't think that I want to take her out on the road for a bit so I want to try to stick with stuff around Nashville if possible." "Well I will see what I can do with that. I know that we can start you out with like the CMA Fest and Grand Ole Opry this summer." "I think that is a good starting place. I can't wait" I tell her excitedly. "Ok well, I will let you rest and I will let you know what I get worked out." We hang up just in time for Daisy to start crying.

Luke's POV
I can not get enough of our baby girl. Being a dad is the most amazing thing in my life right now. I would give it all up for my daughter. "So what did you and Kerri decide baby?" I ask Ashlee as she walks in with Daisy. "We are going to stick with shows around Nashville for now. Like CMA Fest and things like that. I told her that I'm not quite ready to get Daisy out on the road yet. I want to wait a little longer for that." She says sitting down next to me and feeding Daisy. "I think that's a good idea. I'm not ready for her to be out on the road yet either." We talking a little bit more about getting back on the road and then we all snuggle up as a family and watch a movie until we all fall asleep for a late afternoon nap.