Eight

Luke's POV
(4 Months Later)
We are wrapping up the last leg of this tour tonight, just in time for award season and the holidays. Ashlee went with me on my Farm Tour about a month ago and she had a blast. Everything is going good for her now that she is on this label and has Kerri for a manager. She has been writing a ton so that she can get in the studio when the holidays are over. I finally got to meet Ashlee's parents when they came to one of the Farm shows. Her dad and I get along great, and I love her mom to pieces. Ashlee has the best family. J.J, Ashlee's dad, and I have been talking the last few days about a surprise that I have planned for Ashlee at our last show in Nashville. Hopefully I can pull it off.

Ashlee's POV
The last show of this tour is tonight, and I'm feeling pretty emotional. I mean I couldn't have been put on a better tour to start my career. It started a little rocky but is coming to an amazing end. And to be ending it in Nashville is going to be awesome too. I haven't seen Luke much today. He says he's got something special up his sleeve and he has to get it ready and he can't tell me just yet. It's not long before I'm having to rush to get ready and get on stage.

I'm finishing up my set with my song Barefoot and Buckwild and I'm having so much fun. As the song ends, the crowd goes insane, and when I turn to look, Luke is walking towards me. I smile as I walk up to him and give him a hug and kiss. "I'm sorry to interfere on your set Ashlee Jo. I just couldn't wait to do this any longer. "Luke says into his mic. My mind starts racing. He couldn't be doing what I think he's doing could he? "Ashlee Jo Brown, my whole world changed the day you walked into rehearsals and we locked eyes. I knew that you had to be mine and thank God that worked out." He says, and everyone laughs. "People may say this is way too soon, but when you know, you know. Will you please do me the honor of becoming my wife? Will you marry me?"

Luke's POV
"Will you marry me?" I ask, and her hand covers her mouth and her eyes well with tears. "Yes, I'll marry you!" Ashlee says excitedly before pulling me up and kissing me. When we pull away, I put the ring on her finger and kiss her again. "Go get ready. When I finish this show, we are going out to celebrate." She runs off stage and then I put on the best show of the tour.

(1 Week Later)
We finished the tour a week ago and tonight is the CMA Awards. Our first appearance as an engaged couple. Actually, this is the first carpet we have walked together at all. Ashlee moved her things into my house a few days ago and she still has some unpacking to do. She is upstairs in the bedroom getting glammed up when I get home from my radio interview. When I walk into the room, I can tell she is nervous and a little stressed. "You doing ok baby girl?" I ask as I walk up and kiss her head. "I'm just so nervous. I've never done anything like this and I know that with us getting engaged, we are going to get asked questions and I just don't want to make a fool of myself." "I'll be right there with you the whole time. I promise you will do great." I reassure her before kissing her quickly and we both finish getting ready.

Ashlee's POV
We are in the car and about to pull up to the carpet. "You got this baby. We will do it together." Luke says, grabbing my hand as the car door opens. We step out of the car and the screams erupt from the crowd. Luke and I take pictures  and sign autographs before heading to the interviews. Of course we have to take more pictures and I have to show the ring before we get to our first interview. We walk up to Cody Alan and Katie Cook. "Luke, how's it going buddy?" Cody asks as we walk up. "It's going great man. We just wrapped up a great tour and now I'm here with this gorgeous girl on my arm. Couldn't be better." Luke answers with his big smile. "Ashlee Jo, what's it like being on tour with Luke, especially your first tour?" Katie asks me. "Honestly it was so much fun. I couldn't have asked for a better way to start my touring career. And it obviously had some other benefits as well." I say with a laugh as I flash my ring. "Look at that thing! Congrats you guys. We all wish you the best. Enjoy the show." We make our way through a few more interviews and answer the same questions. Finally it's time to go in and watch the show. I can't wait to see myself on that stage someday.