Chapter 0: Abandon

"Our world is built by the blood and tears of our ancestors who built cities and waged wars across this scarred planet. They left us with a gift of long lasting peace. In the form of a man with never ending rage and never dies. The consequence? Well, we're all related to him. Somehow." - The Bizarre History of Remnant's Greatest: Oversimplified 

It all started with a bang. 

The sound permeated throughout his whole being. Waking up from his sleep, he was greeted with that damn symbol. 

'Same old, same old,' (Y/N) said as he pushes out the heavy lid to his right. Lifting himself up, he was greeted with the sight of an old, dilapidated chapel. Sunlight permeated through the cracks, revealing everything inside to be broken or decayed. Candles, engravings,  runes and rotting corpses surrounded (Y/N)'s coffin. He shook his head and sighed. 

'What the fuck...? A ritual to wake me up?' (Y/N) thought as he began to got out of the coffin completely. Looking down on himself, he realized that he was wearing nothing. 

He slowly looked around one more time and began searching the rotting bodies for any clues as to why he's here and why he's awake. Nothing really turned up until he found a body of a soldier. It didn't belong to Atlas (why would they be here?) or Vale, but it didn't matter because time wore it down to the point where the uniform is unrecognizable. 

(Y/N) looked at the broken helmet, however, and immediately recognized what the model was. He immediately (and accidentally) yanked the head out of the rotting spine and began looking for something at the back of the helmet. 

It didn't take long for (Y/N) to find a data chip on the helmet's right earpiece. 

"This should still hold a recording of what actually happened here." (Y/N) said reassuringly. 

Standing up, he walked out of the chapel and opened its rusty doors. The doors slowly creeks, the light blinded (Y/N)'s vision temporarily before coming back hazy. A second after his eyes adjusted to the sunlight, (Y/N) saw before him a wasted, broken city on the horizon. Nature began taking its rightful face back as stone, steel and concrete are being covered by vines and grass as well as trees. 

Far beyond the desolated and decaying buildings was a statue untouched by nature, by time, and undamaged. It stood taller than any building in the city. It was your statue. Holding up a very familiar sword up into the air and donning a very familiar armor. 

'Should I... go deeper into the city?' He thought before he remembered his own predicament. 

"Right, I'm fucking naked." 

Looking back at the chapel in all its decaying state, he began to going down the steps of the hill and immediately searched a house nearest to the chapel. 

~~~~

It took a bit of time to find everything (Y/N) needed. The abandoned houses were licked clean of anything to loot. Whether it be the looters or the citizens that left nothing behind. He eventually found a few houses that were abandoned and their belongings still inside. But it wasn't a good experience, however, because he was greeted with a headless corpse. A pump shotgun aimed at what is supposed to be his or her head. He frowned at the sight, especially at the mangled remains of the corpse's head. Walking past the corpse, (Y/N) began to search for some clothing from room to room. Most of them belonged to children, which he didn't bother to look at. When he made inside the master bedroom. He saw a large, gaping hole in one side of the room. Four mangled corpses were laid in front of it, which were laying side by side, varying in size. Followed by dust scattered across the floor. 

(Y/N) slightly flinched at the gruesome fate of this family of five. 

'Poor souls. Never got to live a normal life.' He thought before rummaging through the closets.

~~~ 

"Finally got some clothes, but I think it's a little tight on my arms." 

Exiting out of the cold, damp bathroom besides the master bedroom. He wore a pair of camo pants, black tank top, decent boots, and a sturdy leather jacket. 

"Whoever the husband is. He might have been a ex-military, a veteran, or a hardcore cosplayer. Even got my favorite cigar brand!" He said before he realized who the person was cosplaying as. Shaking his head out of embarrassment, (Y/N) slips the recording chip in his right breast pocket and began walking downstairs. 

This time, he stopped and looked at what probably was the wife. He looked down and examined the shotgun yet again. It looks like the shotgun still works, the blood stain on the barrel looks like it is permanently grafted in there. No amount of alcohol could clean that bitch up. 

(Y/N) took the shotgun out of the corpse's cold hands and examined its specs. 

'Factory made. Sturdy hand grip. Retractable stock. Bandolier. Smooth pump. Now what type of shell is this chambered at?' 

Kneeling down, he immediately saw a box full of shotgun shells. Not just any shotgun shells, but a box full of ten gauge shotgun shells! 

"My lord..." (Y/N) muttered as he picks it up and began putting some shells in the bandolier. 

With a new weapon in hand, he glanced back at the house one more time. Only for him to see five sets of glowing orbs staring right back at him. They stared at him as if he betrayed them. As if they were hurt. 

(Y/N) looked away and began to walk away. Loading his shotgun, Heartbreaker (he made that one up on the spot), and sets his sights on the abandoned city. 

Unknown to him, the five spirits looked down on a newspaper in the center of the living room. Three words were printed in big, bold letters:  

'HE ABANDONED US'

(A/N): I'm back, bitches