Consequences II: Chapter VIII: Borrowed Time

"The die has been cast. The hour glass turns. Time is ticking. What will you do when all you have is borrowed time?" - ????? 

~~~ 

CRACK

Salem felt her Grimm heart shatter in a million pieces all at once. She can't believe this is happening. What in the world did her husband say to her? 

"What?" The Grimm Queen asked absent mindedly.

"This will be the last time... I'll be summoned back into this world. Once I die, I'll never return. My body will simply evaporate into dust, and I'll no longer be brought back physically." Her husband explained as she puts his other hand on top of hers. 

Her heart begins to pound faster. Denial begins to seep down into her mind. The truth hurts, doesn't it? 

"No. This is not happening. You're faking this again, aren't you? This is just like last time, you said the same thing and you came back and you're-" 

"Salem!" 

(Y/N)'s voice echoed throughout the underground forge. His hands no longer intertwined with hers, and was standing up to look down at her. She began to shiver in fear as the harsh reality began crashing all at once. 

"No... No... Why... Why does it have to be this way...?" She mumbled as she brings her knees into her chest and hugged it. 

"I have no choice, Salem. I don't want us to go down like this. I-" He replied before being abruptly cut off by a crying Salem.

"WELL I DON'T WANT US TO END LIKE THIS TOO!" Salem shouts before throwing herself to (Y/N). 

He caught her, but Salem moved quickly and brought his face closer to hers by grabbing your collar and pulling you. 

"Do you have any idea how sick I am of this?! Of killing, and taking and dying?! I am sick of having my love ones being ripped away from me because two Gods decided that it is necessary for a balance that never exists to begin with?!" 

"I am tired of waiting for you to come back to me every time you get killed! I am so tired of living this cursed life! I am tired of destroying this planet again and again and again! WHY CAN'T OUR LIVES BE NORMAL AGAIN?!" 

Salem drops her head and panted for air. Five minutes later, she lets her body rest upon (Y/N)'s. 

"Why can't we go back to the days where we sit by the castle balcony and enjoy watching the sun set on the beautiful ocean? Why do we have to be punished for fighting for our freedom? We never wanted Gods to look out for us anyways." She mumbled, with her husband stroking the locks of her hair. 

"Don't worry, hun. I have a plan to end all of this. To end this cycle once and for all. For that, we have to push back the invading demons right where they came from. Depending on the circumstances, I'll live through all of this, and turn you back to normal." He said. 

Salem looks up to him with newfound hope. "Are you serious?" Her cheeks turning pink once again.

He nods. 

"I am serious. In the end, there will be no Grimm, no demons, and no Gods. Only Man and Faunus remain. Nothing more, nothing less. I will free our people, one step at a time." 

"And that's the promise I won't break." 

~~~~~~

.

..

...

....

.....