Chapter 1: Isolation

Wasn't expecting that chapter to turn out that way, huh? 

"Mountain Glenn was a catastrophic failure. The news of its death spread like wildfire. Ever since that incident, all four kingdoms never bothered expanding outside their reach. They all believed that the Grimm are powerful and unstoppable, capable of destroying such large settlements in a short period. But we all know who's behind this, brothers and sisters, they are here. Brooding in the shadows, waiting for the right moment to strike when we are weak. So we must prepare for the worst, and pray to the Gods that he will come to our aid." - Words from a priest from the Order of the Broken Twilight

~~~~

It's too quiet here. There should be at least a sizeable force of Grimm in the area. 

Bodies. Bodies everywhere. Some are just mangled, rotting corpses. Some are just missing limbs. The Grimm are relentless, mindless, and fearless creatures of the dark. They will attack anyone who shows any sign of fear or anger or any negative emotion just to have it for themselves. It's more or less their drug, or food. 

If you ain't seeing one. Something's fucked. Really fucked. Someone or something must be driving them back. 

I pick up the pace. Waking up in a tomb inside of a bigger tomb is one thing. But complete and utter silence is another. No activity. No signs of recent clashes. None. 

I can't help it but feel like I'm being watched. From the ground beneath me to the heavens above. I'm forced to ignore this uneasy feeling in my chest. 

Looking up, the wrecked office building showed no signs of life but the whistle of the wind carrying dust. I shrugged and kept going, but pumped my shotgun. No one is going to get the jump on me today. 

Turning right from a random avenue, I kept my body closer to the walls. Less chance of getting jumped from above. 

Wait a minute, a dead end. An alley. Gotta turn back before-

Whoosh

Ah shit. Something just moved on my left above the roof. 

Whoosh 

To the right this time. I got to see the thing much clearer. Large, boney spines and red eyes. Hunched down to avoid detection and a snarl that follows every breath. 

Beowolves. 

Oh shit- 

Just my luck, the third Beowolf jumped me from above. I fell for the simplest diverging tactic in history. Great. If everyone could see this now... 

The Beowolf pinned me to the ground with its large claws. It spun me around so I could face the damn thing. Fortunately, this one began to lick my face like a pet dog. I tried swatting its face away but something told me that it would be best to let it lick me. Enjoy the little things like these when no one would. 

After what felt like minutes, the wolf hopped back a couple of feet away from me. I slowly got up and wipe my face using the leather sleeves and took the shotgun off the ground. The two Beowolves that distracted me hopped down behind their supposed leader of three. 

"You lots never change, do you?" 

The leader Beowolf barked with its tongue poking out (the smug bastard). I shook my head disappointed. No respect for the father, I see. After all these years trapped in here.

"Where are we? Actually, where am I?" 

The Beowolf squats down and scribbled five letters into the dirt road: