Chapter 2: Quake

Three chapters in and you got yourself a date. And get yourself into more shit. Wow

"Death does not wield a thin, long scythe. Or kill everything she walks on or touches. Rather, she wields a steel-barreled sword decorated with runes and skulls. The molten steel that comes out of that barrel not only destroys the body, but the soul as well." - Remnant, and The Deities Above It 

Read at the end for notes. 

The district surrounding the gates of the abandoned city looked worst than the city itself. With the tunnel sealed off, this place is nothing more of a silent tomb. 

According to Death, the inhabitants made derelict villages underground when the surface was overrun by the Grimm. The city had a second chance, despite their recent loss above ground, but a mining incident caused a pocket of hibernating Grimm to wake up via explosion. Which was unfortunate because it was located near the tunnel and the city. When the tunnel was sealed, the city was lost, and it became a tomb. All of the military equipment during the crisis was transported to these villages to establish a new HQ. Which is why Death and Life is taking (Y/N) there. 

"Recently, the Grimm roaming around the outskirts of Glenn and the City of Vale are getting lesser by the day. Some of my servants reported that the Grimm began avoiding the abandoned villages in the region for unknown reasons. Speaking of villages, there has been a mass migration to all four Kingdoms recently. The mortals reported that they have witnessed their villages been burnt down by strange creatures that "didn't belong in this world". Every day, the population of all the kingdoms in Remnant are dropping." Death sighed in annoyance. 

"There is no clear motive as to why this is happening. The gods are nervous. Our brothers have no clue what is going on and are not interested about what's happening. Everything is falling into chaos and we can't just stand here and watch as this world dies for the 3rd time." 

"And that's where I come in?" 

Death hummed in agreement. 

"Yes. And you probably know that this is a big gamble. It could be a matter that can be stopped within a few months or a developing world catastrophe. If it's the former. Maybe we can talk to my brother about keeping you out of that coffin for a while." Death replied with a wryly smile on her face. Life nodded with excitement. 

(Y/N) chuckled at that. 

"Don't keep your hopes up, you two." He said before walking down the tunnel with the two women following behind him. 

~~~~ 

It took some time for the three to reach the underground section of the city. The walk to the city was quiet and depressing. There was no Grimm patrolling the tunnels at all. It was quite strange, (Y/N) thought. The tunnel has been sealed off for about a decade or some years now. Either someone blew through four miles of pure concrete to kill everything here or there are survivors that still remain in this broken city. Which he highly doubt since nobody can last long in this hellhole. 

During that time, the three found a convoy full of abandoned tanks and IFV's. Upon closer look, most of them were damaged beyond repair. This began to worry (Y/N), Life and Death, as this doesn't match the Grimm's fighting patterns. They would always disable the vehicle before Silver swarms break the hatch using its superheated barbs to cook the crew inside. But this, this looks like something effortlessly ripped the tank open. Beowolves or Beringels can't pierce through thick anti-rocket armor like that. 

Bodies of both civilian and soldiers are present. This time, they actually looked like they belonged to Vale and Atlas. 

'Why would Atlas be in a Vale settlement in the first place?' He thought as you began looking for an intact recording chip.